Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ)
Enhancing the capabilities, productivity, and growth of both individuals and employers
The Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) is a Singapore national credential system that develops, trains, and certifies skills and competencies for the workforces. As a continuing education and training (CET) system, WSQ supports the SkillsFuture movement to:
- Promote recognition of skills and competencies to facilitate progression, mastery and mobility;
- Promote holistic development of the workforce through technical and generic skills and competencies;
- Support economic development by professionalising skills and competencies to drive industry transformation, productivity and innovation efforts; and
- Encourage lifelong learning.
Training programmes developed under the WSQ system are based on skills and competencies validated by employers, unions and professional bodies. This process ensures existing and emerging skills and competencies that are in demand are used to inform training and development under WSQ. With the roll-out of the Skills Frameworks* in 2016, the WSQ adopts the skills and competencies covered in the Skills Frameworks. The WSQ programmes are funded and quality-assured by SkillsFuture Singapore, which awards the WSQ certifications.
- Relevant: A competency-based system, designed to develop job role-specific skills and competencies, as well as generic skills and competencies that are required across job roles.
- Accessible: Does not require academic pre-requisites for entry and recognises prior learning, such as work experience and credentials. Available in bite-sized modules leading to the award of a Statement of Attainment, which an individual may acquire leading up to a full WSQ qualification.
- Progression: Makes available skills and qualification pathways which align to the Skills Framework for the respective sectors.
- Authority: Statements of Attainment and qualifications are quality assured and awarded by SkillsFuture Singapore and/or in partnership with established awarding bodies.
Creative Storytelling - Learn the Art of Storytelling (WSQ)
11 & 12 Jun 2020, 9am to 6pm
SkillsFuture for Digital Workplace
- 04 & 05 Jun 2020 9am to 5pm
- 26, 27, 28 & 29 May 2020 2pm to 5.30pm
- 29 & 30 May 2020 9am to 5pm
Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Workshop
- 1 & 2 Jun, 9am to 6pm
- 8 & 9 June, 9am to 6pm