Fundamentals of the
Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Workshop
Critical PDPA Update!
The PDPA law has been revised and effective 1st Sep 2019. Do you and your staff know what you can or cannot do pertaining to the handling of NRIC?
Has your NRIC handling processes been updated?
The law mandates that all organisations must appoint a Data Protection Officer.
If your business involves the collection of your clients’ personal data (NRIC numbers, mobile phone numbers, home addresses, etc.), then the DPO role is critical to establish your PDPA processes.
• Do your staffs know what they should or should not do with personal data?
• Do they know what is included and what is excluded from this Act?
• Does your organisation have a Data Inventory Map to identify areas of non-conformance?
• Does your organisation have a process for dealing with complaints regarding data protection?
If your answer is NO to any one of these questions, then you and your staff need to attend this workshop
At the end of this workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Understand what is the Personal Data Protection Act
- Understand the 9 Key Obligations
- Understand the roles of Data Protection Officer
- Understand what is an organisation Data Inventory Map
- Identify possible areas of non-conformance
- Develop a process for handling complaints relating to data protection
- Develop a PDPA communication plan for your organisation.
- Introduction to the Personal Data Protection Act
- Data Protection and Do Not Call Provisions
- PDPA 9 Key Obligations
- Consent Introduction Obligation
- Purpose Limitation Obligation
- Notification Obligation
- Assess and Correction Obligation
- Accuracy Obligation
- Protection Obligation
- Retention Limitation Obligation
- Transfer Limitation Obligation
- Openness Obligation
- Roles of Data Protection Officer
- Creating Data Inventory Map
- Identify Areas on Non Compliance
- Developing a process for handling dispute resolution
- Staff training and communication
- Managing data breaches
- WSQ Assessment
The course will be conducted using the PDPA BM WSQ Standard Curriculum and Standard Assessment Plan developed by Personal Data Protection Commission
Entrepreneurs, business owners and managers or staff who need to handle personal data, like Human Resource, IT Dept, Marketing, Sales, Customer Services, Operations, etc.
This course is not suitable for Legal Personnel.
Course will be delivered through Live Virtual Learning via Zoom
|Workshop||Duration (Hours)||Full Fee||Singapore Citizens (SC) or PR||SC or PR ≥ 21 yrs old||SC ≥ 40 years old||SC 35 yr old & above; Monthly salary not more than $2000|
|Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)||16||$600 (nett)||$60||S360||$60||$30|
1 To qualify for 95% funding, applicants must have workfare status.
2 Allowances are dependent on meeting criteria set by WSG.
3 Refer to https://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit for more details.
- 1 & 2 Jun, 9am to 6pm
- 8 & 9 June, 9am to 6pm
Mode of Training
Live Virtual Learning via Zoom
For more information/ registration or Group / In-House Training, please contact Jaslyn @ 6278 9785 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Workshop is organised by Everest Innovation