Visualizing Data with Advanced Charts in Microsoft Excel 2016
Mastering Excel charts & graphs and build custom visuals!
Excel charts are commonly used for data visualization and presentation. This course provides highly interactive, hands-on, and practical guide to an easy to understand visualization of data.
Apart from the default charts that are available in Excel, there are new advanced charts that you can easily create and use in your day-to-day work. Microsoft Excel 2016 introduces 6 new built-in chart types:- Waterfall, Histogram, Pareto, Box & Whisker, Treemap, and Sunburst that you can use to make your reports or dashboards more impressive.
This course will provide you useful knowledge and skills to create interactive charts for your professional reports. You will learn what each chart and graph represents and the additional functionality that you might not have heard about.
- Understand WHEN, WHY, and HOW to use the new build-in different chart types in Excel 2016
- Comprehensive understanding of Excel’s latest data visualization tools and techniques
- Explore that Excel is an incredibly powerful and dynamic data visualization platform
- Create stunning, beautiful, and effective data visualizations in excels
- Tell meaningful and engaging stories to decision-makers
- Mastering unique tips, and tools to customize the look and feel of the charts
- Build charts and graph to present your reports, charts or dashboards to the next level
- Participants will be able to create professional-look charts to enhance the visualization of their reports or dashboards.
- Participants will learn quick and effective way to create dynamic charts with form controls and Excel functions.
- Creating Pie-of-Pie Chart
- Creating Column Chart to Compare Targets
- Creating Dynamic Chart Titles and Axis Titles
- Using Chart Elements, Chart Styles and Chart Filter
- Adding Trendline to Line Chart
- Forecasting using Trendline
- Adding Trendline to Column Chart
- Working with Chart Template
Using the In-Cell Charting Tools
- Creating Data Bar with Conditional Formatting
- Editing Conditional Formatting Rules
- Adding Icon Sets to Data
- Creating Line Sparklines to Show Data Trends
- Creating Column Sparklines to Compare Data
- Creating Win/Loss Sparklines to Show Binary Data
Exploring New Chart Types
- Creating Treemap Chart
- Creating Sunburst Chart
- Creating Histogram
- Creating Pareto Chart
- Creating Box and Whisker Chart
- Creating Waterfall Chart
Creating Advanced Charts
- Creating Combo Chart
- Creating Gantt Chart
- Creating Actual vs Target Chart
- Displaying Percentage on Category Axis
- Displaying Symbol on Category Axis
- Displaying Multi Line Category Labels Chart
- Creating Combo Box Control Chart
- Creating Check Box Control Chart
- Using Spin Button Control to Change Chart Type
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Participants must be familiar with basic tasks in Microsoft Excel 2016 and able to create charts, formulas and functions.
- This course is for frequent Microsoft Excel 2016 users who wish to get the most out of Excel charting and graphics features.
- This course is not for beginners who have no experience in using and creating Excel charts.
Participants should bring a laptop with Windows version Microsoft Excel 2016.
This course is not for MAC version Microsoft Excel.
Participants are required to bring a laptop equipped with Windows version Microsoft Excel 2016
This course is NOT for MAC version Microsoft Excel users
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Valene Ang is an experienced certified IT trainer with over 19 years of experience in training professionals from various organisations. She received her degree in Business Computing from the University of Southern Queensland, Australia. Her Professional qualifications including Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) and Master Instructor for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS).
Valene has extensive training and course development experience. She customized many Microsoft Office training courses for corporate clients, assist them in business data analysis and provide dynamic report solutions. Her training focuses on 100% hands-on exercises as well as providing practical solutions to real life Excel related problems.
Valene conducted many Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word training in Singapore, Malaysia and China. Her corporate clients include CPF, PUB, MOM, PSA, IRAS, DFS, MOE, NEA, DHL, SingTel, Singapore Expo, Changi Airport Group, SPRING, FairPrice and many more.