Visual Storytelling with Infographics Design
Take your data and information and tell a story using infographics today!
This is a 2 day practical oriented course; we will walk you through the entire process of designing your first infographic, step-by-step. Learn the steps, design process and publish your first infographic in no time!
What’s infographic design exactly?
An infographic is an assembly of pictures, complex data, charts, and minimal text that present an easy-to-understand overview of a piece of information that you want to attract the audience.
This course will develop your ability to simplify complex data information into aesthetic forms. From Ideation to implementation, you will get to experience the design process and produce interesting visual content using graphic elements.
Through software usage, you will learn how to create effective visual representations to engage your target audience.
Participants will develop methods to visualise ideas, facts and figures to tell a compelling story by creating a series of infographics.
Power of Infographics
- Infographics aid marketing and business development
- Generate Business Leads
- Beautify your PowerPoint Presentations with Infographics
- Create viral visual content that add value and engage
- Drive Traffic and Social Shares
- Design STUNNING social media and email marketing infographics
- How to deliver complex data, knowledge and ideas visually using Infographics more effectively
- Create Creative, Persuasive and Eye-Catching Infographics to Impress your Audience
- Key techniques in converting complex data into a visual representation
- Adopt different graphic elements to produce interesting visual content
- Experience the design process through the usage of appropriate software to create an effective infographic
- Understanding Sign – Study the basic concept what is the definition of sign, signifiers and signifies.
- The Design Process – The design stages which started from research to production.
- Readability & Legibility – Understanding typography treatment and hierarchy.
- Visual Storytelling with Infographic – Different categories of infographic approach.
- Case Studies – Understanding different types of infographic and it’s functions.
- Ideation & Planning – participants are required to brainstorm, demonstrate and discuss the concept for their final piece.
- Execution – using software to implement and produce the final outcome.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone who will like to create captivating infographics to illustrate data & narrative ideas
- Sales & Marketing Professionals looking to grab the attention of their customers
- Anyone who work with information for policy, business of campaigns or be responsible for commissioning information design work
- Business owners, CEOs, Directors and Sales & Marketing personnel who want to stand out in a crowded marketplace
- Executives and managers looking to be equipped with key concepts of designing infographics
- Teachers and educators looking to pack information into attractive and impactful visuals for their students
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Chris Seow has 15 years of graphic designing experience and is currently the Design Consultant for Modular, a local design firm whose portfolio include clienteles such as Starbuck, Heavenly Rice, Makansutra, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Changi Beach Club, Singapura Finance and Eighteenchefs.
Aside from his consulting work at Modular, Chris is also a part-time lecturer with SIM, Singapore Polytechnic, Becon International and First Media Design School for their diploma/degree programmes on topics relating to Communication Design, Visual Communication & Media Design, Brand Technic and Studio Photography.
Chris holds a Master of Communication Design, Bachelor of Graphic Design and Associate Diploma of Applied Design, all conferred by the prestigious Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (Melbourne, Australia).