Perfect Your Elevator Pitch through Digital Storytelling
(Professional Certification in Digital Storytelling)
- Storytelling for Anyone Who Needs to Create Awareness and Win Advocates in a Digital Age
Leveraging on digital story (video) that will touch your audience and build your brand
- How do you craft your 30 to 120 second elevator pitch to introduce yourself and your business in a concise, captivating and clear way that will break the ice with your prospect?
- What power words will you use to differentiate yourself from your competitors?
- What story will you tell that will lead to a deeper dialogue on how a person, product, service or idea can be a win for your prospect’s business or stakeholder’s concerns?
- How do you create a meaningful one to two-minute digital story (video) that will touch your audience, build your brand and give you a voice on and offline amidst the media clutter 24/7?
A Practical Hands-on Workshop
Digital storytelling is a bold and exciting new era for creativity and innovation. In this 2-day hands-on workshop, Digital Storytelling Pioneer, Ms Angeline will deliver a road map to how you can ‘sell without selling’ and strengthen your brand by leveraging on the power of story in a digital age.
You will be coached to be a better storyteller and tell a better story. Unlock the art and science of telling personal and corporate brand stories by creating a digital story (video). Wield the potency of storytelling to win the hearts of your stakeholders, potential and loyal clients.
- Be Inspired – Experience the Power of Storytelling and first person narrative
- Identify your Ideal Customer/ Stakeholder through StoryLISTENING
- Position Yourself – Articulate what differentiates YOU from your competitors
- Craft your ONE Word, ONE Statement, One Story Elevator Pitch
- Watch and learn from digital story samples
- Unlock Tyros’ 8 Keys to the Art and Science of crafting a great story digitally
- Story Cycle – Tap on the wealth of fellow storytellers’ experience through group discussion, sharing and feedback
- Script Writing – Master writing that moves, compels and evokes to action
- Storyboarding – Visualise. Turn your script into a multimedia experience through voice, text, sound, transitions and silence
- StoryTELLING – Learn how to narrate and record your voice-over using appropriate stress, rhythm, pauses, tone and silence, to present your story
- Software – Hands-on video production using free video editing software
- Showcase – Celebrate your 2-minute first person Brand Story
- Your ONE word, ONE Statement, ONE Story Elevator Pitch
- Your 2-minute digital brand story
- Story Crafting Skills
- Digital Story production Skills
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Sales, Marketing and PR Professionals
- Lecturers/Teachers who wish to use videos in their course delivery
- Charity Organsiations
- Digital and Social Media Specialists
- Entrepreneurs, Business Owners and Leaders
- Educators, Learning and Department Heads, Managers, Supervisors
- HR Specialists
- Training Management
- Anyone who is interested in the use of storytelling in organisation
“I’ve been making full length films and documentaries for many years. We use professional equipment and a big team of people. The technical aspects of filmmaking is not new to me but what I really surprised me was how a short video using most basic tools can tell as story so powerfully that it can move hearts. Storytelling and filmmaking in the hands of everyone.”
– Nay Win Tun, Video Editor
“The great brands in the world today have great stories behind them. Through the digital storytelling workshop, Angeline Koh was able to help us draw out what we really stand for to energise our brands.”
– Christopher Tan, Consultant
“This workshop opened my mind that storytelling is powerful and I think I can make a good and powerful one someday. I am very touched when Angeline Koh played her video of Mr. Lee Kuan Yew. I found more ways to motivate people and story- telling is one of them.”
– Mario Samantha, Multimedia and Video Producer
“Making this digital story (Cambodian boy from the orphanage has reminded me of the children I got to know at the orphanage. It makes me want to do more for them, but at the same time, I feel a sense of helplessness towards the plight of the many others out there. On a professional note, I see great potential in this tool, especially for giving a voice to the voices that are often less/unheard in society.”
– Christine Poon, Educator
“Makes me excited to share with other people because I can tell a story in a fun way, instead of just speaking. Knowing that this method is really effective in many ways to draw attention from people and get them to know and involve better in the story. Especially when the story has some message to the listener / audience.”
– Hana Vanessa, Elementary School Tutor
“Digital Storytelling workshop has great potential for team bonding in small groups.”
– Delia Foo, Curriculum Developer, Educator
“This is an excellent course with hands-on learning. Digital storytelling is a great medium to use to reach out to the masses online in the most efficient way. You can create content to inspire, excite or even intrigue your target audiences without having to spend hundreds of dollars on marketing collaterals.”
– Tammy Leow, Animator
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Angelne Koh is the founder and principal storytelling coach of Tyros Pte Ltd and Digital Storytelling Asia. Since 2010, she has facilitated about 50 workshops coaching more than 600 participants in more than 26 organisations in six countries – the Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam, the USA and Singapore.
Passionate about Storytelling, Angeline was the first Asian invited to give the keynote address at the premier annual International Festival of Digital Storytelling (DS) 2011 organised by the Arts Centre, Aberystwyth University and supported by the Arts Council of Wales, National Assembly of Wales and the BBC.
Telling the Singapore Story, an article she wrote for the Today papers was quoted by the Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in his 2011 National Day Rally speech to launch the Singapore Memory Project. Angeline’s stories have been published in the Today papers, The New Paper, and Chicken Soup for the Singapore Soul.