Managing Upset Customers Constructively and Learning from Service Breakdowns
- Breaking through the old mindset and taking action to delight your customers
If you are in the business of dealing with customers, it is your most important duty to build relationship with customers and ensure they are satisfied with the services received. Service providers know that it is never pleasant to handle irate or irrational customers, although it is extremely worthwhile to keep customers happy and satisfied. This course will impart to your staff the skills of breaking through the old mindset and taking action to delight your customers. If your staff are to practise these valuable customer service skills, everyone involved in the service chain will shine and, this in turn benefits your organization.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to understand:
- Why is good customer service so important?
- How to break through the old mindset and taking action to delight customers
- The different types of customers and why are they so difficult to please?
- What causes people to be difficult and if customers are actually difficult?
- How to manage difficult customer-situations professionally?
- Empowerment and self-management when dealing with angry customers
- Experiencing the “Moments of Truth” in customer service
- Appreciating Customer Responses and Behavioural Patterns
- Breaking through the old mindset and taking action to delight your customers
- Knowing who are the difficult customers and what makes them difficult?
- Analyzing the reaction of a difficult customer
- Understanding the nature of customer complaints
- Why do customers complain?
- Why don’t customers complain?
- Handling common customer complaints and the irate customer
- Knowing how to treat complaints as “gifts”
- Soothing difficult callers to achieve understanding
- Managing angry customers and their emotions
- Understanding the nature of anger
- Defusing anger and conquering anger with “Self-Talk”
- Knowing what angry customers actually want
- Understanding the impacts of negative and positive communication
- Listening and responding skills in managing anger and customer complaints
- Resolving customer complaints with effective communication, listening and problem-solving skills in a structured manner
- Applying EQ and empowerment to recover service to win over upset customers
- Understanding gestures and non-verbal communication signals
- voice, proper body posture and facial expression
- know how you look and sound in an angry customer-situation
- Handling criticisms, fear, nervousness and the greatest enemy
- Summary and application back at work
A highly interactive adult-focused programme with plenty of real-life scenario discussion, sharing, case studies, role-plays, games, quizzes and question/constructive feedback sessions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All staff who place service paramount to their continued success, especially front-line service personnel who have to deal with customers regularly in the course of work.
“We are delighted to have attended your training. Your good understanding of our work context and the interesting ways which you delivered the important messages attracted the our attention and learning. The value-added service pointers gave us a firm foundation to model and learn from.”
– Manager, Nanyang Polytechnic
“The knowledge and skills shared were greatly appreciated and I could better equip myself in managing their difficult customers situations more confidently. I believe I can bring service to the next level after attending this course.”
– Customer Service Executive, Loreal
“The case studies, examples and service role playing are very applicable to our line of work. Catherine understands our job nature well and is able to provide practical skills for us to apply in our daily work.”
– Customer Service Manager, Mobile One
“It has been fun and insightful to learn skills which are applicable to my line of work.”
– Customer Service Executive, International Hotel Chain
“Catherine was very positive and engaging and has had great experience in all aspects of this course. Perfect!”
– Manager, Coca-Cola International (Thailand)
“I would like to express my heartfelt appreciation for the excellent training you had conducted for us. The workshop was engaging. fulfilling and interactive. I found it beneficial and would apply the skills learnt in the workplace.”
– Sales Manager, Sony Asia Pacific
“Excellent course. Great delivery and trainer was concise and succinct during the presentation. High level key values that make an impact rather than minute details which would be forgotten or lost over time. Thanks, Catherine.”
– Manager, Republic Poly
“Interesting trainer, able to capture the attention of the class and spice up the atmosphere for conducive learning. It was excellent, and I highly appreciate it.”
– Executive, Ministry of Home Affairs
“I found Catherine to be extremely confident, patient, and knowledgeable. I learned many things from this course which will be useful for me in my everyday dealings.”
– Customer Service Manager, MSIG
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Catherine Syn has conducted both public and in-company seminars and workshops in Secretarial & Office Administrative Practices, Business Correspondence, Report, Proposal and Minutes Writing, Customer Service, Handling Complaints & The Difficult Customer, Teambuilding, Time & Stress Management, Communication & Relationship Management. She has been working closely with individual client companies on the development and design of training programmes to their specific organisation’s training and developmental needs. An approved lecturer with the Singapore Ministry of Education, Catherine studied Business in Australia, was a Corporate Member of the Institute Of Administrative Management (U.K.) and a WDA ACTA certified trainer for WSQ courses including Certified Service Professional. She has held the positions of Executive, Manager, Corporate Trainer and Consultant for the past three decades.
Since 1990, she has been training management professionals, managers, executives, secretarial, administrative, front-line sales, engineering, operations and service staff of both public and private sectors in Singapore, ASEAN and China. As an experienced trainer, she has successfully applied service qualities principles and competency assessments in all her communication courses in the areas of business writing, face-to-face communication, customer service, managing difficult customer-situations using effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills. A versatile and bi-lingual trainer, she relates well to all participants and has excellent delivery and presentation skills that meet the motivational needs of each and every participant.
Among the many companies she has provided training for, some of them are: Ritz Carlton, Swiss Hotel Merchant Court, Marina Mandarin, Becton Dickenson, Sony Asia Pacific, NTU, Singapore, Ngee Ann and Nanyang Polytechnics, ZhengHua Primary School, Carrier Transicold, Marsh Brokers, China Taiping Insurance, AIA, Etiqa, Liberty Insurance, SIA, Komatsu, DSO, DFS, NYK, AET Tankers, Du Pont, Senoko Power, John Crane, Hewitt, SembCorp Marine, Nippon Express, Nippon Koa, German Centre, Tanaka Electronics, SOXAL, Speedy Tech, NatSteel, Philips Singapore, Teck Wah, PSA, LTA, HDB, CPF, DSTA, RSAF, MCMD, Ministry Of Education, Traffic Police, Ministry of Home Affairs, GSMB, CSIT, CAAS, CIAS, SATS, LTA, A-Star, Toshiba, AWWA, SingStat, Department of Statistics, Crown Worldwide, Schenker, Keppel Shipyard, Alpine Engineering Services, Sanmina-SCI, Geotronics, ABB Industry, ICPAS, Loreal, Shisedo, Sa Sa Cosmetics, Cummins Diesel, EM Services, Esmaco, M1, Sankyu, Snap-On Tools, Makino, Bureau Serve, PerkinElmer Singapore, ST Aerospace Engineering, Chartered Semiconductors, AGC Flatglass, Hunting Energy, Orange Business, Cristofori, LF Contennial, Wah Yang Production, Malayan Natural Liquidfied Petroleum & Gas in Sarawak, Coca-Cola In Thailand, Maldives International Airport and MNCs in China.