– Plan Your Move Away From the Stresses of Task, to a Future that Sustains Value
“Time” said Carl Sandburg, the American poet and biographer, “is the coin of your life”. To Carl, time was a thing of great value; it was a not a commodity. It was an asset that demanded caution and care in its consumption.
“It is the only coin you have” he said, ”and only you can determine how it will be spent.
Be careful, lest you let other people spend it for you.”
Over a century ago, Carl foreshadowed three challenges, and these persist ever more so in today’s hectic world …
- How can we start to value our precious time, so we can make more effective choices about where we spend it?
- In what ways can we take ownership of that time, to invest it into things that are important to our Selves?
- And, what else can we do, to enable us to start managing time in much more sustainable ways?
Yet, for sustainable time management, we need to be address three additional contemporary questions …
- Are we relaxed over how much time we currently have, or is a lack of it overwhelming us, even burning us out?
- How much time do we invest to think about time usage, and the options we schedule for its consumption?
- And, how well do we consider choices we make, and actions we take, for how that time is finally used?
But, if we truly want to liberate ourselves and seize back control of our day, one further question still remains …
- If it becomes possible for us to somehow liberate more free time from within our busy day,
what specifically will we choose to do with it, and, how will that benefit us?
This Workshop therefore takes an emotionally intelligent approach to time management. Our focus considers how we think about our time, and explores what stops us getting what we want from that time. It further invites us on a journey that brings greater clarity to the decisions we take, and the plans we make, for the sustainable consumption of that time.