Manage Your Time in Sustainable Ways
– Plan Your Move Away From the Stresses of Task, to a Future that Sustains Value
“Time” said Carl Sandburg, the American poet and biographer, “is the coin of your life”. To Carl, time was a thing of great value; it was a not a commodity. It was an asset that demanded caution and care in its consumption.
“It is the only coin you have” he said, ”and only you can determine how it will be spent.
Be careful, lest you let other people spend it for you.”
Over a century ago, Carl foreshadowed three challenges, and these persist ever more so in today’s hectic world …
- How can we start to value our precious time, so we can make more effective choices about where we spend it?
- In what ways can we take ownership of that time, to invest it into things that are important to our Selves?
- And, what else can we do, to enable us to start managing time in much more sustainable ways?
Yet, for sustainable time management, we need to be address three additional contemporary questions …
- Are we relaxed over how much time we currently have, or is a lack of it overwhelming us, even burning us out?
- How much time do we invest to think about time usage, and the options we schedule for its consumption?
- And, how well do we consider choices we make, and actions we take, for how that time is finally used?
But, if we truly want to liberate ourselves and seize back control of our day, one further question still remains …
- If it becomes possible for us to somehow liberate more free time from within our busy day,
what specifically will we choose to do with it, and, how will that benefit us?
This Workshop therefore takes an emotionally intelligent approach to time management. Our focus considers how we think about our time, and explores what stops us getting what we want from that time. It further invites us on a journey that brings greater clarity to the decisions we take, and the plans we make, for the sustainable consumption of that time.
Our intentions are to reboot your capacity to value personal time, enabling you to make more mindful decisions over the ways you consume it, and, the ways you can invest and conserve it. We’ll adopt a practical, action planning approach, so you can reflect on past consumption of time, to start making more sustainable investment decisions about its future use.
You’ll realise how an inability to manage personal time impairs your own productivity, that of your colleagues, as well as business outcomes. A renewed emphasis in seizing ownership of your personal clock will help you to more sustainably manage demands arising at work & home, which leads to reductions in stress, and, allows you to more capably perform.
Emotional intelligence sits well at the heart of this soft skills Workshop, as you move the focus of your energies from the external demands of Others, to the internal needs of your Self.
- Appreciating the power of a sustainable mindset
- Considering the impacts from poor time management
- Imagining the personal benefits in generating “free” time
- Examining consumption and ways that you waste your time
- Focusing on direction and ways to invest that time more productively
- Harnessing your energies and more effective actions through prioritisation
- Reflecting on diversions, procrastinating, and things that take your eye off the ball
- Embedding a Value-based approach to thinking about time into your decision-making calculus
FACILITATION APPROACH FOR LEARNING
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP
Therefore, if you are a person at any level who feels under pressure, finds coping tough, and wants to take back control over your life, then, this Workshop has been designed for you. It will reboot your capacity to value your own personal time, so you can place yourself firmly back into the pilot seat and set a new heading on your own life’s journey.
- The most important thing I learned today was managing time in a demanding environment, and how to overcome stress
- I was finally able to bog down what my problem actually was in not being able to manage my time sustainably
- This is not about big, radical changes, but smaller, incremental changes that can have the desired effect
- To me, I found that sustainable time management revolves around communication
- I liked the priority matrix, and, understanding that procrastinating is a decision!
- Great course to unlock the key to time freedom!
- Brilliant, very powerful stuff presented in very enjoyable way
- This is a very different approach to training; Fun, informative, excellent & engaging
- I’m so used to teaching to the extent that I usually find it difficult to be on the other side, but you made me totally attentive throughout the program; I became a fan of Irish humour
- Patrick is an excellent trainer, very knowledgeable, professional and patiently answered our questions
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Mr. Patrick O’Brien, CMgr
With a constant appetite for change, Patrick came to realise one very important thing; it’s the People that matter in With a constant appetite for change, Patrick came to realise one very important thing; it’s the People that matter in business, their personal development & growth counts.
His approach to learning is reflected in his facilitation during delivery; it focuses on building & strengthening an individual’s “soft skills”. This leads to Training that’s designed to scaffold on top of three firm foundations.
First, learning needs to be fun for it to stick; enjoyment & engagement are precursors to absorption & adoption. Next, it has to be sufficiently real to be relevant; it needs collaboration, openness, creativity, and, a little intensity. Finally, it must match Participant expectations to be valuable; it has to substantially deliver what it states “on the tin”.
Patrick therefore designs Workshop experiences that masterfully combine Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with a deep Coaching mentality. Both are invitingly interlaced using Improvisational techniques. His diverse background and experience also allow him to facilitate inclusive and valuable learning moments. These are highly engaging, deeply empowering, and, thoroughly enjoyable.
His life’s journey has straddled different countries, continents & cultures, from Ireland and England, to New Zealand and Singapore. He’s worked his way through a variety of roles & levels in the corporate world, from Individual Contributor up to Managing Director. And, he has built considerable business experience whilst working across sectors such as government, technology, manufacturing, finance, consulting, aviation, telecommunications, and the Internet.
His formal education is well rounded: at Honours-level in IT, Masters-level in Marketing, and, an MBA in Finance. He is also a “Master Practitioner” of NLP, and an enthusiastic author with Articles appearing in the local media. In whatever form you experience his work, you’ll always feel his curiously cheerful sense of enjoyment; it just shines through.
Patrick is an active member of many international Professional bodies, such as the Chartered Management Institute, the Chartered Institute of Marketing, and the Institute of Directors. He is proud to be one of only a small handful of “Chartered Managers” in Asia.
With a warm Irish wit, a love of the “craic” and a big beaming smile, audiences in over twenty-five countries have found his disarmingly, unpretentious, and conversational approach to learning, to be a refreshing & rewarding experience.