PRESENTING TO IMPRESS – Wow your audience with no jitters
80% of all public speeches delivered are done off-the-cuff. Speaking off-the-cuff is not about speaking unprepared. It is about training the participant’s mind to transfer his/her thinking and feelings into words in double quick time. The other 20% of public speeches are delivered after thorough and careful preparation, editing, rehearsals and practice.
- It is about training the participant to express his/her opinions, present information or provide suggestions at lightning speed, under pressure, but still maintaining his/her cool and projecting a calm and controlled demeanour.
- Staying poised when composing his/her thoughts on his/her feet, is a skill – an art he/she can be trained to do.
- Speech-Writing skills is imperative in crafting a compelling, informative, sales, marketing, inspirational, persuasive or motivational speech.
Why are Presentation Skills so important?
Professionally: The higher you climb up the rungs of your success ladder, the more you will be required to speak. You might have to talk about your work, specialty, product or organization at a conference, make an acceptance speech after receiving an award, make an on-line presentation, give a report to management about your team’s performance or even to take part in an oratorical contest in the future! Creating the FIRST Positive, Memorable and Impactful Impression is an art that you will acquire in this course.
Your training starts Now!
Socially: Make a congratulatory speech at your brother’s or sister’s graduation, giving a toast to your friend at his/her birthday, or a toast at your best friend’s wedding, give a eulogy for a loved one. Inspire a group that you lead or simply introducing yourself at a networking meeting.
Clare Tan (Sales Manager)
The trainer definitely has many years of experience in this field – and he managed to cut down my learning curve, by sharing his experience in the form of story-telling. “Facts tell – stories sell”! This course is packed with valuable tips that are both practical and effective. The trainer is also full of energy.
Mabel Wong (Nurse)
I like John’s approach – clear and simple language used, humorous and very professional. He walks his talk! He is my role-model!
Joseph Tan Kah Shiong (Financial Controller)
John is humorous, knowledgeable and humble. He is able to balance theoretical with practical training and blended in interesting personal stories to enhance learning and understanding. He skilfully made sure that every participant had an opportunity to speak, with the short span of time we had. I am totally satisfied with the course. Should be extended to 3 days. Will look out for more of John’s course.
Chun Hun Shen (Engineer)
Very refreshing and practically applicable in all situations. The trainer has managed to bring out the hidden talent in me and enhanced believe and confidence in myself. Being voted the Best Speaker in the course proved that.
Cpt Ng SY (Army Regular)
Mr. John Sih has great depth in his knowledge and a wealth of experience that he has brought into his training. I was enthused, energised and enlightened. Never had I attended a course so intriguing