Detecting Lies & Deception at Work
Be armed with the weaponry of lie detection
Lying and deception are common human behaviors. How to Recognize the Signs That Someone Is Lying?
There is hardly anybody who finds it palatable to be lied to—lies eat deep into our hearts and in most cases, leave us with eternal injuries. Anybody who successfully told us a lie is confidently taking us for an underserved ride. The most heartrending aspect of it is that we have all being lied to at a point or the other. In fact, research postulates that there is a probability of being lied to between two to three times in a ten-minute conversation. That is huge and shows how unimaginably deceitful people can be!
From the foregoing, it is crystal clear that we all need to be armed with the weaponry of lie detection—the main focus of this course!
When you allow yourself to be incessantly deceived by people, it affects your success rate in life—you take wrong steps due to the wrong pieces of information you are being fed with and this leads to regret in most cases. As an experienced trainer in the field, I can categorically state that lie detection is a skill that can be taught and learnt by anybody!
It is important to attend this course because uncommon indicators of lies, the complex ways of liars and multi-dimensional means of deception will all be perused. When you get hold of liars and their deceptive ways, you save money, record more gains, suffer less heartbreak, make lesser mistakes and enjoy the better part of life. Aren’t these the essence of life? This promises to be a quintessential training session that quenches your intellectual thirst!
- To give an overview of body language & to gain an insight into body language
- To state how Enforcement officers are empowered to detect crime & to understand the effects of culture on body language interpretation
- To explain the concept of space and distance as they relate to communication
- To understand the use of emotions through facial expressions
- To know how we can rely on the eyes for crime detection
- To understand the concept of haptic communication
- To understand how to profile criminals in all situations
- To understand how to interpret paralanguage communication
- To know the messages in criminals’ gestures and postures & to understand the body language messages of hand movements
- To investigate the manner of expression of criminals, to share some tips on how to improve on the act of reading people & To know the reasons people fail to rightly interpret body language signals
VALUABLE KEY TAKEAWAYS TO DETECT LIES
- The difficulty we have in calling someone a liar
- What the deception sounds like
- The human lie detector VS Machine
- Truth in the lie: Spying the unintended messages
- Managing Emotions
- You don’t see, you won’t known
- Let’s be careful out there
- Learning to be an expert
- You are not a mind reader
- What lying truly is?
- Why people need to lie
- Type of lies
- Commonality in lies
- The most powerful lies
- Technologies availability
- Human touch in technologies
- What consciously said
- What unconsciously said
- Liars true emotions
- Liars Fake emotions
- Power of observation
- Common indicators of Liars
- Putting all together
- Experts secret exercises
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Anyone who has ever interacted with another person!
- HR Managers involved with Hiring process and Interviews
- Entrepreneurs, Business people, Salespersons
- Investigation Team
- Civil Servants
- Managers and Supervisors
- Compliance Officers
- Customer Services Managers and officers
- Education and Training
- Law Enforcement, Lawyers
- Marketing, Market Research, Purchasing & Sales Employers
- Security Personnel
- Enforcement Officers
This will be a two-day course, conducted formally and the following methodologies will be applied:
- Group Discussion
- Individual and team exercises
- Case studies
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Alan Elangovan is a teacher, mentor, trainer, security expert and behavioural analyst. He has occupied his space as a trainer in Singapore for the past thirty years. Still, the fire of his intellectual acumen rages in every sector of the country. His services have been employed by both new and old companies and he has always exemplified the perfect definition of balance. Alan is not a hunger-driven trainer. As a way of enhancing his skills and expertise in his chosen field, Alan has been to Australia, Germany and Denmark for specialised training sessions. Anytime he teaches, he portrays universality and standard.
After revolutionising many firms in Singapore, the news of his prowess spreads to other neighbouring Asian nations and in 2005, he became an international trainer. Indonesia, Malaysia, Bhutan and Cambodia are some of his usual training nations. To demonstrate how charming his training sessions are, many of his trainees have had the course to travel down to Singapore moments when his itineraries are filled up. The continuous flow of classes he conducts for people from all over the world has unarguably enhanced the quality of his delivery and also increased his knowledge. He does not jump into areas where he knows he does not have a perfect mastery of its subject matter.
His classes do center on public speaking, behavioral analysis, security, crisis management in the corporate world, enhancement of employees’ productivity, control of emotions and other germane issues tailored towards the improvement of our world.