– Asking the right question is at the heart of effective communications
“Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” ― Voltaire
Effective questioning is a great method for getting others to think critically and independently. Effective questioning also helps discover any misunderstandings. It also promotes deeper engagement.
Asking questions helps us improve emotional intelligence (EQ). It facilitates learning through active discussion. By asking the right questions in a particular situation, you can improve a whole range of communications skills. For example, you can gather better information and learn more, you can establish stronger relationships, and manage people more effectively.
Asking the right questions is a skill like any other skills, it takes practice. The course will provide you step by step practical techniques to draw out what you need to know.
You have probably used questioning techniques before in your everyday life, at work and at home. But by consciously applying the appropriate kind of questioning, you can gain the information, response or outcome that you want even more effectively.
In this course, you will …
- Acquire the art of asking rather than telling
- Learn how to ask the right questions to get the right answers.
- Learn how to frame questions
- Learn how to ask open-ended and closed-ended questions.
- Learn how to ask “How” and “Why” questions
- Learn how to ask questions others will enjoy answering.
- Learn how to ask questions that are effective, well-considered and challenging.
Who Should Attend
This Course Is for YOU if:
- You want to acquire the skills of professionals like doctors, lawyers,
- journalists and salesmen
- You want to stimulate learning.
- You want to improve speaking and listening skills.
- You want to spur the exchange of ideas.
- You want to acquire a healthy respect for other peoples’ opinions.
- You want to fuel innovation and performance improvement.
- You want to build rapport and trust among team members.
- You want to hone your questioning skills!
High Impact Communication Coach– Mr John Sih
John Sih is a trained public speaker and an Educator of Public Speaking and Interpersonal Communication skills. He holds a London College of Music (LCM) Honours Certificate in Public Speaking and a teaching and performance certificate from Trinity College. He is also a a multi-award trainer, serves in various Toastmasters roles since 1994.
John Sih specializes in grooming individuals to become effective Interpersonal Communicators and Public Speakers. He also trains many professionals in the Art of Communication and front-line executives in Customer Service skills.
John is the First trainer outside the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, who is licensed to use and impart the Psycho-Geometrics System. He is the Master Trainer and franchisee of the system in Asia, after having mastered and internalized the use of the system since 1991.