Creative Storytelling (WSQ)
Learn the Art of Storytelling!
Every day we are all engaged in some form of selling whether you know it or not. Whether you are a teacher, parent or salesperson trying to promote your company’s product or trying to motivate a teenager, you are actually selling to convince the other party to buy into your story. Your ability to influence and persuade the other side will determine how successful you will be at convincing people to buy into your story. Though not everyone is born a storyteller BUT anyone can learn to be a GREAT Storyteller.
Combining the Art and Science of storytelling into a 2-day training program, you will learn
- Fundamentals skills of telling stories
- Techniques of storytelling
- Knowledge to apply storytelling skills in a business context whether its sales, marketing, customer service or operations and strategic planning
Everyone loves to hear a story. An effective salesperson is a good storyteller who will evoke the emotions of his audience in order to convince an idea. Research studies have shown the science behind the rational of telling a story, such that:
- People retain more through stories
- Stories appeal to both logic and emotions
- Stories make clients visualize the product in the context of their operations
- Stories evoke emotions and thus encourage action
Remember people hate to be sold to but everyone loves a good story and there’s science behind the rationale!
Elements of storytelling
- Learn the introduction to storytelling
- Learn to understand and apply the elements as well as conceptualizing a story narrative
- Identify the key elements of the concept to conduct a deeper research on the topic
Foundational structure of a storyline
- Learn to apply the principles of storytelling into the development of a storyline
- Learn about the Linear storytelling vs Non-Linear Storytelling formats
Strategies for storytelling
- Types of storytelling techniques
- Learn to communicate various emotions
- Pitching the appropriate storyline to the stakeholders
Department heads, managers, supervisors, marketing and sales professionals, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and anyone who is interested in the use of storytelling in organisations.
Course will be delivered Face to Face, Classroom
Company Sponsored (SMEs)
Full Fee (NETT)
Singapore Citizens (SC) or PR (up to 90% funding)
SC or PR ≥ 21 yrs old
SC ≥ 40 years old
Creative Storytelling (WSQ)
- Company sponsored – Absentee Payroll applicable ▪ SME & Non-SME ($4.50/hr)
- Self-Sponsored Individuals are able to offset the fees from their skillsfuture credit
- Trainees are entitled to the training grant when they meet 75% of the training attendance and pass the requisite assessment.
28 & 29 Jul (Thurs & Fri), 9am to 6pm @ E2I , Jurong East
Mode of Training
Face to Face, Classroom