Fundamentals of the
Personal Data Protection Act (2020) – PDPA Workshop
Critical PDPA Guidelines 2020 Update!
Is your organisation compliant with the latest PDPA requirement?
The Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act (2020) unit identifies and communicates key legislative and regulatory requirements, assesses, documents and reports potential areas of non-compliance with regard to policies, procedures and business activities. It assists in the integration of procedures to ensure compliance, as well as prepares management report for follow-up.
In Singapore, under the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and relevant regulations, all organisations need to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO), to be responsible for helping organizations to comply with the PDPA as well as the common law and other relevant laws that are applied to the specific industry that they belong to when handling personal data in their possession. The PDPA ensures a baseline standard of protection for personal data across the economy by complementing sector-specific legislative and regulatory frameworks and DPO has to be equipped with necessary knowledge and skills to implement the relevant measures for their organisations.
With accelerating growth in data-centric technologies such as Internet of Things, artificial intelligence and gig economy, there is an exponential increase in the volume of personal data generated, collected and processed around the world and in Singapore. The new Personal Data Protection (Amendment) Bill 2020 just passed on 2 November 2020 seeks to strengthen the accountability of organisations, to recalibrate the balance between individual’s consent and organisational accountability to harness data for appropriate and legitimate purposes, to grant greater consumer autonomy over their own personal data, and to strengthen the effectiveness of enforcement efforts by the Personal Data Protection Commission (“PDPC”)
At the end of this workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Identify legislative and regulatory requirements under the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) that the organisation has to comply with;
- Communicate key legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA and related management systems to relevant stakeholders to facilitate compliance;
- Assess the organisation’s internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance;
- Identify and document areas of non-compliance in business activities;
- Assist in review of the organisation’s guidelines / policies for adherence to requirements under the PDPA;
- Assist in the implementation of procedures to ensure adherence to requirements under the PDPA in the day-to-day operations of the organisation; and
- Prepare management report for follow-up action.
Compliance Managers or Data Protection Officers (DPOs)
Entrepreneurs, business owners and managers or staff who need to handle personal data, like Human Resource, IT Dept, Marketing, Sales, Customer Services, Operations, etc.
This course is not suitable for Legal Personnel.
Course will be delivered through face to face, classroom or ZOOM
|Company Sponsored (SME)||Company Sponsored (NON-SME)||Self-Sponsored|
|Workshop||Duration (Hours)||Full Fee (incl. GST)||Singapore Citizens (SC) or PR||Singapore Citizens (SC) or PR||SC or PR ≥ 21 yrs old||SC ≥ 40 years old|
|Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)||23||$810||$285||$435||$435||$285|
- Company sponsored – Absentee Payroll applicable ▪ SME & Non-SME ($4.50/hr)
- Self-Sponsored Individuals are able to offset the fees from their skillsfuture credits
- Trainees are entitled to the training grant when they meet 75% of the training attendance and pass
the requisite assessment.
Course Schedule (3 day/23 hrs)
- 1,2,3 Nov 2023, , 9am to 6pm @ Live Virtual Learning via ZOOM
- 1,2,3 Apr 2024, , 9am to 6pm @ Live Virtual Learning via ZOOM