Fundamentals of the
Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Workshop
Critical PDPA Guidelines Update!
The PDPA law has been revised and effective 1st Sep 2019. Do you and your staff know what you can or cannot do pertaining to the handling of NRIC under PDPA guidelines?
Has your NRIC handling processes been updated?
In Singapore, under the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and relevant regulations, all organisations need to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO), to be responsible for helping organizations to comply with the PDPA as well as the common law and other relevant laws that are applied to the specific industry that they belong to when handling personal data in their possession. The PDPA ensures a baseline standard of protection for personal data across the economy by complementing sector-specific legislative and regulatory frameworks and DPO has to be equipped with necessary knowledge and skills to implement the relevant measures for their organisations.
If your business involves the collection of your clients’ personal data (NRIC numbers, mobile phone numbers, home addresses, etc.), then the DPO role is critical to establish your PDPA processes.
• Do your staffs know what they should or should not do with personal data?
• Do they know what is included and what is excluded from this Act?
• Does your organisation have a Data Inventory Map to identify areas of non-conformance?
• Does your organisation have a process for dealing with complaints regarding data protection?
If your answer is NO to any one of these questions, then you and your staff need to attend this workshop
At the end of this workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Identify legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA that the organisation has to comply with
- Communicate key legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA and related management systems to relevant stakeholders to facilitate compliance
- Assess the organisation’s internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Identify and document areas of non-compliance in business activities
- Assist in the review of the organisation’s guidelines/policies for adherence to requirements under the PDPA Guidelines
- Identify possible areas of non-conformance
- Assist in the implementation of procedures to ensure adherence to requirements under the PDPA in the day-to-day operations of the organisation
- Prepare management report for follow-up action
- Introduction to the Personal Data Protection Act
- Data Protection and Do Not Call Provisions
- PDPA 9 Key Obligations
- Consent Introduction Obligation
- Purpose Limitation Obligation
- Notification Obligation
- Assess and Correction Obligation
- Accuracy Obligation
- Protection Obligation
- Retention Limitation Obligation
- Transfer Limitation Obligation
- Openness Obligation
- Roles of Data Protection Officer
- Creating Data Inventory Map
- Identify Areas on Non Compliance
- Developing a process for handling dispute resolution
- Staff training and communication
- Managing data breaches
- WSQ Assessment
The course will be conducted using the PDPA BM WSQ Standard Curriculum and Standard Assessment Plan developed by Personal Data Protection Commission
Compliance Managers or Data Protection Officers (DPOs)
Entrepreneurs, business owners and managers or staff who need to handle personal data, like Human Resource, IT Dept, Marketing, Sales, Customer Services, Operations, etc.
This course is not suitable for Legal Personnel.
Course will be delivered through Live Virtual Learning via Zoom
|Company Sponsored (SME)||Self-Sponsored|
|Workshop||Duration (Hours)||Full Fee (incl. GST)||Singapore Citizens (SC) or PR||SC or PR ≥ 21 yrs old||SC ≥ 40 years old|
|Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)||16||$535||$85||$295||$85|
1. Eligible companies may apply for absentee payroll capped at $10/hour
2. Self-sponsored learners may use their skillsfuture credits to offset the course fees
- Trainees are entitled to the training grant when they meet 75% of the training attendance and pass
the requisite assessment.
- 16 & 17 Nov (Mon & Tue), 9am to 6pm @ Zoom Class
- 26 & 27 Nov (Thurs & Fri), 9am to 6pm @ Mountbatten Centre (Face to face, classroom)
Mode of Training
Live Virtual Learning via Zoom or Face to Face, Classroom