Online Collaboration (Cloud Computing & Google Apps)
What is Google Suit? It is a suite of cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tools, software and products developed by Google Cloud which was first launched in 2006 as Google Apps.
To be exact, Google suite comprises of Gmail for email, Google Drive for storage, Hangouts for communication (messaging services), Calendars for appointments and events, Docs for word processing, Sheets for calculations, Slides for presentations, Forms for survey application to collate data and many others. It is generally free tools unless you need to go in-depth for more features. In short, this 3 days introductory course allows you to learn how to get connected using the services and improve your productivity in the same platform.
At the end of this 3-day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts relating to online collaboration and cloud computing
- Set up accounts to prepare for online collaboration
- Use online storage and web-based productivity applications to collaborate
- Use online and mobile calendars to manage and plan activities
- Collaborate and interact using social networks, blogs, and wikis
- Schedule and host online meetings and use online learning environments
- Understand key mobile technology concepts and use features such as e-mail, applications, and synchronisation
- Key Concepts of Online Collaboration
- Cloud Computing
- Benefits & Risk
Preparation for Online Collaboration
- Understand Common Setup Features
- Set Up Software to Support Online Collaboration
Using Online Collaborative Tools
- Understand and Use Online Storage
- Limitations (Size Limit, Time Limit, Connectivity, Share Restrictions & Security)
- Use Common Productivity Applications
- Use Online Calendars
- Identify and Use Social Media Tools
- Use Online Meeting Tools
- Understand and Access Online Learning Environments (Course Notes, Resources, Calendar, Activities, Email)
- Identify Types of Mobile Devices and Operating Systems
- Understand Bluetooth and Its Use
- Understand Internet Connection Options and Key Security Considerations
- Using Mobile Devices
- Managing Apps
- Synchronise Content
Course Fees (GST included)
Full course fees: S$556.40
Singaporean aged from 21-39
|Singaporean Aged >= 40|
|Singaporean & PR||
Singaporean & PR
|Singaporean aged >=40|
- Company sponsored – Absentee Payroll applicable ▪ SME ($7.50/hr) & Non-SME ($4.50/hr)
- Self-Sponsored Individuals are able to offset the fees from their skillsfuture credits
- Trainees are entitled to the training grant when they meet 75% of the training attendance and pass
the requisite assessment.
Total: 24 hrs, 3 day
24, 25 & 26 Nov 2021 (Wed-Fri), 9am to 6pm (classroom Training @ Mountbatten Square)
Who is it for?
The course, Online Collaboration (Cloud Computing & Google Apps), is designed for people who would like to have the skills to set up and use the online collaborative tools, including file storage, productivity applications, social media, web meetings and other features. In addition, these skills set can also help individuals to be able to do their work at any time and at anywhere.
There is an assessment at the end of the 3 day course.