ICDL Image Editing (Photoshop)
In today’s digital age, the quality of photos and images is critical to attracting your audience’s attention!
Have you always found photos that are almost to your liking but are still lacking that little X-factor to capture the attention of their intended audience? Or perhaps you have a couple of photos with different features that you liked and wished to combine them? Or maybe you have found your desired picture, but the colour and tone can be improved? Our ICDL Image Editing (Photoshop) course can help you increase the X-factor and modify the look and feel of your images, with enhancements to the images limited only by your imagination.
Adobe Photoshop is an extremely popular Image Editing Software among designers in creative industries. It is the go-to software for graphic designers, photographers, or web designers of all levels of expertise to enhance their photos for design projects. In the era of digital marketing, all companies would require people with professional image editing skills to market their products and services to potential clients.
In this highly funded WSQ SkillsFuture approved 3-days ‘Image Editing (Photoshop)‘ course, you will learn the essential features in Photoshop to edit photos. It is designed for learners who aim to grasp the key concepts underlying digital imaging and aspire to use the Photoshop application to enhance images, apply effects, and prepare images that are ready for printing and publishing.
Create professional photos, and images for social media, work, or personal purposes!
- Recognize the key concepts of digital imaging, graphic formatting options and colour application
- Open your selected images and save them in different formats for easy sharing
- Use built-in options, such as displaying toolbars, palettes, to enhance productivity
- Use various selection tools to manipulate images
- Use layers, effects and filters, drawing and painting tools, and work with text to enhance your image
- Prepare images professionally for printing or publishing
Upon completion of the 3 days course and passing of the assessment, you will be awarded with a Certificate of Completion from the International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL), the world’s leading computer skills certification body.
- Common Uses of Digital Images
- Digital Images and Pixels
- Raster and Vector Images
- Proprietary Application Formats
- Colour Models
- Colour Palette and Depth
- Understanding Common Colour Terms
- Saving Images from a Digital Camera
- Using the Print Screen Facility
- Saving Images from Image Library
- Scanning Images
- Photoshop Interface and Creating Images
- Opening, Placing and Closing Images Files
- Switching Between Open Files
- Creating New Image File
- Saving Images
- Foreground and Background Colours
- Setting Grid Properties
- Setting Basic Options and Preferences
- Using the Help Function
- Using Magnification and Zoom Tools
- Performing Undo and Redo with History Panel
- Manipulating Toolbars and Panels
- About Selection Techniques
- Selecting an Entire Image or Layer
- Selecting with Marquee and Lasso Tools
- Selecting Based on Colour
- Manipulating Selections
- Feathering and Anti-aliasing
- Inversing Selection
- Saving and Loading Selections
- Changing Image Canvas Size
- Resizing Images
- Cropping Images
- Moving and Copying Selection
- Rotating and Flipping Selection/Image
- Understanding Layers
- Creating, Copying and Deleting Layers
- Setting Layer Properties
- Merging and Flattening Layers
- Transforming Layers
- Rasterizing Layers
- Creating Animated GIF from Layers
Working with Text
- Creating and Editing Text
- Formatting Text
- Applying Text Warp
Effects and Filters
- Understanding Effects and Filters
- Applying Artistic and Distortion Effects
- Applying Blur Effects
- Applying Lighting Effects
- Working with Image Adjustments
- Working with Sharpen and Unsharpen Mask
- Applying Red Eye Reduction
- Working with Drawing Tools
- Adding Lines and Shapes
- Adjusting Shape’s Path
- Working with Painting Tools
- Selecting Colour with the Eyedropper
- Filling with Gradient Fill
- Colouring using the Paintbrush
- Using the Eraser
- Filling with Paint Bucket
- Cloning with the Clone Stamp
The course, Image Editing (Photoshop), is designated for the learners to understand the main concepts underlying digital images and to use an Image Editing application to enhance images, apply effects, and prepare an image for printing and publishing.
Adobe Photoshop is a very popular Image Editing Software among the designers in the designing industries. This software helps the consumers to further enhance their photos in their designing project. Effectively all companies would require several people with effective Image Editing skills.
Full course fees: $663.40 (inclusive of GST)
Singaporean aged from 21-39
Singaporean Aged >= 40
Singaporean & PR
Singaporean & PR
Singaporean aged >=40
- Company sponsored – Absentee Payroll applicable ▪ SME ($7.50/hr) & Non-SME ($4.50/hr)
- Skillsfuture Credit eligible for Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above.
- Singaporean aged 17 to 30 may use PSEA (Post-Secondary Education Account) for fee payment.
- You may use U-tap to defray 50% of the unfunded course fee, capped at $250/year.
Trainees are entitled to the training grant when they meet 75% of the training attendance and pass the requisite assessment.
Duration: 3 days, 24 hours
Face to Face, classroom mode
28, 29 & 30 Apr (Wed, Thurs & Fri), 9am to 6pm @ JTC Summit
3,4 & 5 May (Mon, Tue & Wed), 9am to 6pm @ JTC Summit
5,12 &19 Jun (Sat Class), 9am to 6pm @ JTC Summit
10,11 & 12 May (Mon-Wed), 9am to 6pm @ Mountbatten Square
8, 15 & 22 May (Sat Class), 9am to 6pm @ Mountbatten Square