The Empowering Coach – Coaching For Confidence Performance
One of the fundamental skills required of leaders is to be able to effectively coach their staff to the levels of performance required of them. How these coaching sessions are carried out will determine how the staff perceive the support they are getting and hence their ensuing motivation towards improving their performance.
This Essential Coaching Skills workshop is design to help managers, supervisors and team leaders give this support without taking away the responsibility of the staff for their own performance. In this workshop participants will learn both the ‘What’ of coaching and just as importantly the ‘How’ of coaching that will make the coaching session an uplifting as opposed to a demoralizing experience. This workshop will also cover strategies that the leader can engage in that will help reduce the occurrence of staff performance deterioration.
- Understand the differences and similarities between mentoring, coaching and counseling
- Understand the 3 dimensions of performance and issues that require coaching.
- Strategies for maintaining performance levels and preventing performance deterioration
- Understand the importance of feedback as part of the coaching process
- Understand the 5 stage coaching process and the objectives of each stage.
- Understand the 5 elements of motivation and how these are addressed in the coaching process
- Learn and apply the essential skills of coaching through role plays
- Establishing Connection
- Identifying the ‘Problem’
- Identifying Motivators
- Identifying solutions
- ‘Practicalizing’ the solution
As a result of applying the skills learnt in this workshop, participants will gain the added benefit of:
- Improving the work climate within their team / department
- Improve their leadership skills and enhance their own personal success at work
- Have staff who are more willing to be engaged in their work and proactive in solving problems.
- Being better able to develop their own personal effectiveness at work.
For managers, supervisors and team leaders who have staff reporting to them and are directly responsible for the performance levels of these staff.
Good trainer, enjoyed his course
Has gained several insights into the topic and has been beneficial with the several coaching model available to work with
– Singapore Customs
The role-play was helpful and allow me to have a better understanding of the course
This was a very interactive and engaging workshop. I get to learn a lot.
– Singapore Customs
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Rodney Woulfe is a Performance Coach and Counsellor who brings over ten years of experience in the designing and facilitation of programs in Personal development.
Rodney conducts workshops on Leadership Development, Counseling and Coaching skills in the areas of Performance Enhancement, Preventing Job Burn Out, Dealing with Traumatic events. For all levels of staff Rodney conducts workshops on Developing Emotional Intelligence, Self Motivation, Stress Management and Life Balance.
Besides conducting workshops, Rodney provides personal one – to – one counseling for employees on performance enhancement, depression and burnout, post – traumatic stress disorder and relationship issues. He also provides Personal Coaching to Managers and Leaders to help them identify more effective strategies for counseling, coaching and leading their staff.
Some of Rodney’s clients have included Nokia ( Asia Pacific ) , National University of Singapore, Singapore Immigration, Singapore Prisons, Singapore Police Force, Singapore Civil Defense Force, GIC Real Estate, Cargill, Great Eastern Life Assurance, CISCO Systems , BRAC Bank ( Bangladesh ), The GreenAsia Group, Jones Lang, Roper ( South East Asia), Goodrich Aeroframes, Mendaki, Imaginings, Asian Women’s Welfare Association Centre for Caregivers, Social Service Training Institute,
Rodney has an MBA ( in Training and Development ), and a Masters degree in Counselling. He is certified in the practice of Reality Therapy, Emotional Intelligence Development, Behavioural Consulting and in the use of the DISC and Enneagram profiling systems. He is also an Advanced EFT practitioner in energy psychology.