Standing out from the Crowd as a Manager – With Mindfulness
"Mindfulness is a state of being fully present, aware of oneself and other people, and sensitive to one's reactions to stressful situations. Leaders who are mindful tend to be more effective in understanding and relating to others, and motivating them toward shared goals. Hence, they become more effective in leadership roles." - William W. George
Mindfulness in Management is critical for leaders!
Many managers focus on exceling in their domain knowledge as a means to stand out in a crowded and competitive field. However, in today’s dynamic and highly connected world, the ability to quickly discern changes, communicate and influence others to work towards a common goal is one of the key determinant of superior results. Managing complex people relationship is another. A manager who has superior clarity and focus of mind holds the edge.
Mindfulness is a state of mind that focus on the present moment. A mindful manager see things with clarity and conceptualize with agility. He develops strong people relationship, and his confidence and composure inspires the people around him. A true differentiating skill must come from within. Mindfulness provides a manager with the critical edge to be successful, and a strong foundation to build deep domain knowledge.
A world leading technology company has adopted Mindfulness as a competitive differentiator. Discover and master it!
At the end of the course, the participants would be able to,
- Describe how the Mind works, and its impact on behaviour and actions.
- Explain the concept of Mindfulness.
- Apply Mindfulness to enable a Manager to produce sustainable and superior results.
- Develop Mindfulness with proven techniques and strategies.
- Facilitator and Participant Introduction
- Workshop Objectives and Expectation
First Among Equals
- A Definition
- Ingredients and Conditions
- Developing Mind Activities
- Reality Distortion
- Emotions and Stress
- Following the Script
- The Consequences
- About Mindfulness
- Concept of Mindfulness
- A contrast of Two Minds
- Time to Consider
- Appropriate Actions
- Creating the Conditions for Success
- Benefits for the Manager
- Mindfulness Practice
- Self-Reflection and Care Strategies
- Sharing of Concepts through presentation and videos.
- Learning through Experience Sharing among the participants.
- Self-Discovery through Reflection and Experiencing exercises.
- Coaching by trainer.
- Supervisors and Managers who want to develop a fundamental skill to stand out from the crowd.
- Supervisors and Managers who want to build a strong foundation for deep domain skills.
- Managers, Directors, Vice Presidents, and Senior Leaders who inspire and lead their team and/or organization
– Manager, Republic Polytechnic
After reading about the much hypedup topic on “mindfulness”, I have attended this workshop. This course has provided me with an enriching & insightful understanding of the whole new meaning of it.
Chong Yuen has structured the course with a comfortable flow, infusing subtle but interesting practical exercise such as role plays, for us learners to experience the sensory aspect of it. Chong Yuen is able to leverage the learners’ wealth of experiences & relating mindfulness events in our daily lives, creating a very meaningful learning journey for me.
– Director, Delphi Automotive Systems Singapore
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Chong Yuen has more than 18 years of experience working in matrix organization for high technology multinationals. He has held various leadership positions, nurturing talents and driving business growth in the Asia Pacific region. These accomplishments require skills of empathetic communication and collaboration, and a keen sensitivity to diversity and needs for self-actualization. As an ACTA-certified trainer, Chong Yuen has national accreditation with Workforce Development Agency, and has conducted numerous trainings. His trainings are invariably described as “engaging”, “passionate” and “methodical”. His extensive experience in people development and delivering practical and relevant knowledge makes Chong Yuen a highly effective trainer. Chong Yuen is a mindfulness practitioner. Mindfulness enables a person to maximize one’s potential, with joy and compassion.