Speed Reading for Knowledge Management and Critical Analysis
- High Impact Speed Reading Techniques for Busy Executives and Business Professionals.
The NEED FOR SPEED
The University of Houston Reading Clinic researched shows that speed reading does improved efficiency and the increase in productivity was so evident that many well-known companies have been training their executives to read faster. In an easy-to-understand, direct style workshop, you will be shown on how you can train yourself to read more than four times your normal reading speed with excellent comprehension and recall.
SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN LINK BETWEEN READING SPEED AND CAREER
SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN LINK BETWEEN READING SPEED AND CAREER
Whether you are a CEO, Director, and Manager, Supervisor or an employee you are a professional in your own right and have to continuously grapple with and manage the constant influx of knowledge in your work life. There is a lot of reading to be done from memos, emails, journals, correspondences from internal and external customers and more. Reading at a slow pace is simply not going to allow you to make the cut. What you need is to train yourself to read at four to six times your normal reading speed with excellent comprehension and being able to remember everything important that you have read. Sounds impossible? Absolutely not!
With the right training and practice you can more than quadruple your reading speed with excellent comprehension and recall of what you have read. Just think how this is going to transform your productivity and efficiency in your organization.
In this intensive one day workshop you will be shown on how you can train yourself to read more than four times your normal reading speed with excellent comprehension and recall. There is only two qualities that you have to keep in mind to achieve this – a positive mental attitude that you can achieve this and a commitment to practice after practice until you achieve this process. You will see measureable improvement to your reading speed and comprehension. You will learn on how you can use a powerful technique that will help you extract important substance from what you read and being able to think critically and creatively as and when required.
Reading faster and comprehending better are needed for survival in an economy driven by knowledge management.
KEY TAKEAWAYS – UNLOCK THE HIDDEN POWER OF YOUR MIND
KEY TAKEAWAYS - UNLOCK THE HIDDEN POWER OF YOUR MIND
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Understand how your eye and brain perceive and process information.
- Identify the barriers that stifles your ability to read faster.
- Overcome the barriers to read faster.
- Apply the sweep technique to read 500 – 900 words per minute.
- Apply the hop technique to read in excess of 1000 words per minute.
- Maximize your peripheral vision and improve your reading.
- Improve your vocabulary to understand better.
- Apply the PQRIM to comprehend and recall what you read.
- Customize PQRIM to the various academic subject that you are learning.
- Manage your knowledge better with speed reading.
- Fundamentals of reading faster.
- Identify and overcome the barriers to reading faster.
- Sweep technique of speed reading and its application.
- Hop technique of speed reading and its application.
- Expanding your near, mid and far peripheral vision.
- Practice with different types of materials.
- Customizing and personalizing your reading technique proficiently.
- Comprehending whatever you read with PQRIM – Preview, Question, Read, Infer and Memorize.
- Apply PQRIM to various reading text.
- How to infer with the five stage process – premise, authority, argument, counter-argument and recommendation / conclusion.
- Using the Pegging technique of memorization to extract, remember and recall important information in what you read.
This is a highly interactive workshop involving lots of practices and individual testing to identify the participants’ level of competency. At the end of the workshop the participants will be able to see a measureable improvement on their ability to read faster, comprehend better and able to recall important things from the text.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is highly relevant to business professionals, executives and senior officers whose work involves research, reading, comprehension and report writing.
“This is a great course! You have such a great understanding of what it takes to be a speedreader and you explain it well. You offer great techniques that can be applied immediately.”
– Executive, Jurong Town Council
“Although I have spent over 50 years reading, I feel like I’ve just learned to “read to comprehend.” I will bring back the knowledge and put into good use.”
– Director, Minister of Manpower
“This topic is relevant to our work, Mr Daniel is very knowledgeable and he provided good examples and covered key points very clearly.”
– Lecturer, Temasek Polytechnic
“The trainer is very knowledgeable and informed .Excellent Course!”
– Swiber Corporate Services Pte Ltd
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Daniel Theyagu has been a corporate trainer and performance evaluator since 1989 and has conducted training for more than 500 organizations with his participants coming from more than 100 countries.
In his line of work, Daniel has specifically designed and delivery training programs for large MNCs, statutory boards, civil service and various non-profit organizations. His clients include – SPF, HDB, LTA, MOM, MHA, MINDEF, AVA, CPF, SAF, RSAF, RSN, DSTA, DSO, Singapore Supreme Court, The Law Society, SGH, Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Gleneagle Hospital and many more. At an international level, Daniel has trained people from more than 30 countries including – Mauritius, Malaysia, Indonesia, Maldives, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Russia, Estonia, Sweden, Finland, Holland, Norway, UK, USA, France, Germany, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Kenya, Gabon, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Mongolia and Thailand.
Daniel designed and delivered customize training program in areas of leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, emotional intelligence, creative thinking, critical thinking, systems thinking, speed reading and memory enhancement. As a keynote speaker in conferences and seminars, Daniel is well known for his light-hearted and humorous approach to training by using metaphors and parables and engaging his participants actively throughout his training program.
Daniel Theyagu is the author of five books which includes ‘Making Memory Work for You’, Guide to Success in Studies without Tears or Fears’, ‘Developing True Leadership Potential’ etc and has written more than 300 articles that have been published in Straits Times and other magazines and journals. Daniel also regularly conduct radio talk shows with 938 Live [Singapore] and his workshops are featured regularly in the newspapers that attracts wide variety of participants.
As a keynote speaker in conferences and seminars, Daniel is well known for his light-hearted and humorous approach to training by using metaphors and parables and engaging his participants actively throughout his training program. He is also the adjunct lecturer with Singapore Institute of Technology and Nanyang Technological University. He is also the course chair for Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility for SIM University.