Speaking Off-The-Cuff And On The Mark
- - Mesmerise Your Audience
80% of all public speeches delivered are done off-the-cuff. Speaking off-the-cuff is not about speaking unprepared. It is about training your mind to transfer your thinking and feelings into words in double quick time.
- It is about training yourself to express your opinions, present information or provide suggestions at lightning speed, under pressure, but still maintaining your cool and projecting a calm and controlled demeanour.
- Staying poised when composing your thoughts on your feet, is a skill – an art you can be trained to do.
Why is learning to speak off-the-cuff so important?
Professionally: The higher you climb up the rungs of your success ladder, the more you will be required to speak. You might have to talk about your organization at a conference, make an acceptance speech after receiving an award, make an on-line presentation, give a report to management about your team’s performance or teach a class of new recruits.
Socially: Make a speech at a friend’s wedding, giving a toast to your spouse at his/her birthday, give a eulogy for a loved one, inspire a group at a charity event or introduce yourself at a networking meeting.
In today’s digital age, most people lose touch with face-to-face, eye-to-eye, heart-to-heart communication and in public speaking and interpersonal connection skills. You will be the exception!
- You will differentiate yourself. You will stand out from the crowd. You will become more visible in your company.
- You will enhance your persuasive skill and win over more individuals and audiences.
- You will be seen and respected as a leader, for being able to communicate confidently, clearly and concisely.
- You will learn to be effective in convincing your audience of your ideas, thoughts and beliefs.
This enlightening, engaging and experiential 1 day course promises to be interesting, fun-filled, eye-opening and fulfilling.
- Mastering the art of speaking extemporaneously.
(conjuring a speech at the snap-of-the-fingers)
- Taking absolute control over the question and answer session.
- Tearing down the barriers to effective public speaking.
- Conquering stage fright.
- Maximising the effective use of body language in public speaking.
- What do you do when your mind goes blank?
- Injecting humour into your speech.
- Mastering the basics of effective communication.
- Connecting with the audience on the get go!
(Within the first 3 mins)
- 6 points to establish rapport with the audience.
- 7 steps to get your audience involved.
- 11 golden rules of speech writing.
- Enhancing pronunciation, enunciation, diction and clarity in speaking.
- Using visual aids as an aid and not a crutch.
- Tips in preparing for delivering a speech in another country.
- Language: Singlish, Singaporean English and Received Pronunciation (RP).
- Fielding questions from the audience – doing it like a pro!
- Audience Analysis: The key to successful preparation.
- Company Directors, General Managers, Business Owners and Entrepreneurs.
- Sales and Marketing Directors and Managers.
- Managers, Supervisors and Line Leaders.
- Teachers, Lecturers and Trainers.
- Military and Police Officers.
- All who aspire to be teachers, educators, speakers, trainers or facilitators.
- Anyone and Everyone who needs to make presentations.
“Mr. John Sih has great depth in his knowledge and a wealth of experience that he has brought into his training. I was enthused, energised and enlightened. Never had I attended a course so intriguing.”
“Very refreshing and practically applicable in all situations. The trainer has managed to bring out the hidden talent in me and enhanced believe and confidence in myself. Being voted the Best Speaker in the course proved that.”
“John is humorous, knowledgeable and humble. He is able to balance theoretical with practical training and blended in interesting personal stories to enhance learning and understanding. He skillfully made sure that every participant had an opportunity to speak, with the short span of time we had. I am totally satisfied with the course. Should be extended to 3 days. Will look out for more of John’s course.”
“I like John’s approach – clear and simple language used, humorous and very professional. He walks his talk! He is my role-model!
“The trainer definitely has many years of experience in this field – and he managed to cut down my learning curve, by sharing his experience in the form of story-telling. “Facts tell – stories sell”! This course is packed with valuable tips that are both practical and effective. The trainer is also full of energy.”
ABOUT THE TRAINER
John Sih is a trained public speaker and an Educator of Public Speaking and Interpersonal Communication skills. He holds a London College of Music (LCM) Honours Certificate in Public Speaking and a teaching and performance certificate from Trinity College.
John Sih specializes in grooming individuals to become effective Interpersonal Communicators and Public Speakers. He also trains sales professionals in the Art of Selling and front-line executives in Customer Service skills.
John is the First trainer outside the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, who is licensed to use and impart the Psycho-Geometrics System. He is the Master Trainer and franchisee of the system in Asia, after having mastered and internalized the use of the system since 1991.
As a body language expert, John is often favourably compared with his guru – he is fondly known as the Allan Pease of Singapore. John has been featured in the Female magazine as well as local newspapers, expounding on the impact and importance of body language, as a form of non-verbal communication.