Secrets of Persuasion and Influence – Learn the Psychology of Persuasion and Influence
- Get Results Working Through Others, Regardless of Positional Power.
“The key to successful leadership is influence, not authority.” -Kenneth H. Blanchard
Researchers have carried out studies demonstrating the factors that influence us to say “yes” to the request of others. Their conclusions show there is a science behind how people are persuaded. One surprising discovery from the studies illustrate that when people decide to do a paradigm shift, they are not simply influenced by facts but by emotions.
When we use emotions as a tool to persuade, we automatically move beyond the normal constraints of typical rapport to develop deeper relationships with others. In doing so, we are able to build trust, move towards positive mindsets and gain support for our ideas.
To achieve this, it is important to understand the psyche of those with whom we work with. In most communication, there is often resistance from the party we are trying to get the message across. To eliminate this resistance. we need to use a psychological framework which prepares us to shape the words we use to emotionally connect with the other party.
Mastering Influence & Persuasion Practical Skills and Techniques!
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the psychological appeals of persuasion
- Differentiate the psychological effectiveness of logical, emotional and cooperative influencing strategies
- Expand your circle of influence mentally
- Understand the power behind the “You Attitude”
- Lay the groundwork to your influencing
- Apply the “Yes Ladder” psychological pacers to get the outcome you need
- Foster person-to person mental connections by mirroring body language
- Differentiate “zombie conversations” vs “talent persuasive conversations”
- Respond positively when met with resistance
Increase your influence & persuading others in the workplace and in personal relationships
- How perceptions affects persuasion
- Differentiate persuasion versus manipulation in shaping direction, alignment, and commitment
- Self-awareness of your current influencing style and new techniques for more effective ways of influences
- Psychological pushing and pulling concepts when influencing others
- Communication styles to get the message across
- How the relationship between credibility and influence play a role in persuasion
- Different techniques for getting persuasive conversations and presentations underway
- Decode the linguistic aspect of persuasion
- Balance emotion and logic
- Storytelling techniques to extend influence
- Improve voice to achieve presence and charisma
- The psychology behind visual persuasion: Your Body and Persuasion
- How people perceive your body language
- Evaluate effective questioning techniques to create a path
- Leverage concepts of non-verbal language to get off on the right foot
- Mental meta-programs to gain insights of different working styles
- Assertion without aggression
- Gain insight into overcoming influence challenges through collaborative exercises
- Craft compelling messages that inspire, influence, persuade, and motivate
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is targeted for executives and managers in need to augment their persuasive quotient.
This is a fast-paced, highly interactive workshop comprising of experiential learning activities and fun and engaging group discussions. The activities applied accelerates adult learning while bringing forth relevance to real life situations in different industries.
“An engaging and knowledgeable trainer! I especially enjoyed how to read people and identify their needs with the set of tools provided by her. Highly recommended!”
Mr. Nicholas, MHA
“After attending Sandra Daniel’s course on EQ, I discovered a better understanding of my emotions and how to deal with them. The key take-away in her program is learning to better able to communicate my feelings in a more constructive way. Further, I understand how to understand and relate to those I work with. I understand the importance of recognizing the needs, feelings, and responses of those I care about and how it eventually leads to stronger and more fulfilling relationships at work. Thank you, Sandra!”
D. Adjamejdjo, CEO, P.T. Momentum Consulting
“An accomplished trainer, Sandra Daniel conducted the course in an entertaining way focusing on the 5 tenets of EQ. One cardinal point I can apply is when I can discern people’s emotions and empathize with their perspective as in this way it is much easier to resolve conflicts or possibly avoid them before they start. What’s more, I will also be better at negotiation due to the very nature of my ability to understand the needs and desires of others. I can identify how it is easier to give people what they want if I can perceive what it is.”
Mr. Mark Chin, Singapore Institute of Technology
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Sandra Daniel is an ACTA-Certified trainer and holds a Master in Science (Training and Development) from University of Leicester. She is a dynamic and entertaining speaker in areas of communication and speed reading.
As a corporate trainer, she has been guiding various statutory boards, government-based organizations and private business enterprises in recognizing opportunities to function proficiently in competitive environments. Some of her workshops and public seminars include clients from diverse industries namely Citibank, State Courts, Singapore Police Force, Singapore Prisons, Singapore National Employers Federation, Singapore Tourism Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Kreuz Subsea Technologies Pte Ltd, Ministry of Home Affairs, Lonpac Insurance Bhd, Ministry of Manpower, Singapore General Hospital, Housing & Development Board, Land Transport Authority, Central Provident Funds Board, Bax Global, Lex Travel, Hilton Hotel and Singapore Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic and Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
Apart from being a corporate trainer, Sandra is an adjunct lecturer with the following universities: Singapore Institute of Technology, UniSIM, University of Munich, and University of Liverpool. She designs, develops and lectures topics on Speed Reading and Critical Thinking for Academic and Work Success, Negotiation and Relationship Management, Sun Tze Art of War Conflict Resolution, Crisis Communication, Integrated Thinking for Problem Solving and Decision Making, Research Methodologies, Emotional and Social Intelligence to Communicate Effectively and Transformational Leadership Skills.
Besides lecturing Sandra is also a courseware developer for speed reading from the following Universities:
TUM (Asia) German Institute of Technology
University of Glasgow
Singapore Institute of Technology
University of Liverpool
University of Manchester
University of Newcastle
Sandra regularly contributes articles on management and communication skills as well as effective learning strategies to Straits Times Recruit. To date, Sandra authored and co-authored several books namely, How to Think Critically with Sun Tzu Art of War Stratagems, Impactful Academic Writing, Extremely Busy People’s Guide to Read Faster and Memorize Better and Think Clearer.