Put a Little Magic in Your Work Life
- Learning Magic to Boost Self-Confidence, Communication and Creative Thinking
Everybody know that if you can perform magic, you will become one of the most sought-after persons both at work and at play. In a social gathering, you will be the life of the party.
People love a little mystery. A magic trick provides that mystery when something that is impossible becomes possible in the hands of a magician. In order to achieve that, a magician has to think out-of-the-box. Learning magic therefore inspires and teaches you how to think creatively.
In this program, you will be taught how to perform some magic tricks by a professional trainer as well as a professional magician.
Magic is a performing art, and as such, it needs to be communicated well to the audience. Performing magic therefore will help you to improve your communication skills and boost up your confidence in presentation. These are essential skills for a successful person in any organisation.
This workshop combines magic as a tool to develop soft skills for better work performance.
FUN FACTS OF THE BENEFITS OF LEARNING MAGIC
- Increase ability to think quickly and effectively
- Improves our Interpersonal Skills
- Boost confidence and unleash new possibilities
- Think out-of-the-box and achieve extra-ordinary results
- Achieve the right mindset to work better
- Magic opens minds and brings learning to life
At the end of the 1-day program, you will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate the creative thinking behind each magic trick
- Learn how to perform some magic tricks
- Boost your communication and presentation skills
- Learn how to think out-of-the-box and achieve extra-ordinary results
- APPRECIATING THE CREATIVITY IN MAGIC TRICKS
- What is magic?
- Why people are interested in magic
- How magic can enrich your life
- Appreciating the creative thinking behind each magic trick
- COMMUNICATION AND PRESENTATION SKILLS
- What is required to learn magic?
- The real secrets in presenting magic
- How to communicate effectively with your audience
- Hands-on in performing some magic tricks
- HOW TO THINK “OUT-OF-THE-BOX”
- Applications of magical principles
- Generating new ideas
- Understanding perceptions
- Creative problem solving
- ACHIEVING EXTRA-ORDINARY RESULTS
- Reframing the mind
- Looking at the big picture
- Turning adversities into opportunities
- Achieving break-through results
Performing magic tricks to improve your communication and presentation skills, boost your personal confidence and inspire you to be more creative.
- Anyone who wants to make a positive difference in their lives and workplaces.
- Anyone who wants to achieve breakthrough results.
“Thank you, John, for all your valuable instruction and hard work at our McDonald’s conference. You were much appreciated by all of our attendees for your wit, charm, knowledge of subject and ability to deliver… You’re the best!”
– Carl (CW) Wolfe, Global Manager, Marketing, McDonald’s Corporation.
“Mr John Teo is very knowledgeable and uses creativity in his teaching. The skills are certainly what I will apply in my work and personal life. Thank you.”
– Lim Sheng Jian, Business Unit Controller, OCE Singapore.
“Never a dull moment … impossible to sleep in John’s Class!”
– Manager, Ministry of Manpower
“Great job. Well organised. Instructor is knowledgeable and interesting.”
– Manager, Unilever (Vietnam)
“John is truly a motivational speaker, able to impart his knowledge through appropriate teaching aids.”
– Participant, OCBC Bank.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
John Teo has more than 26 years of working experience in senior management and in sales and marketing of technical products and services. He has worked for an MNC, various SMEs and was a partner in a precision engineering company. Therefore, he can relate to real life experiences to those subjects that he is training or consulting.
Right from his first job in Diethelm Singapore, John helped to start up a Marine Department from scratch to become a profitable division within two years. In 1984, he was head hunted to help Material Handling Engineering promote its business locally as well as abroad. As the General Manager of its Products Division, John spearheaded the product development of two company’s products, one of which was the first locally designed and manufactured Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV). The company subsequently became public listed in 1989. John helped out a couple of other SMEs in the information technology and multi media industries before setting up Apex Technologies International with several partners in 1993. He became the Management Representative and brought the company to ISO 9001 certification in 1996.
Presently, John runs a management training company, and another company consulting in ISO 9001:2000 certification and other quality related subjects. To-date, he has led more than 35 companies to ISO certification.
John has been a professional trainer for more than 16 years. He has trained MNCs, SMEs and government organisations in creativity, project management, problem solving, conflict management, negotiation skills and other management and leadership topics. He is also a co-founder of The Association Of Professional Trainers (Singapore).
He co-authored a book on creativity entitled “Game Of Thoughts” published in 2017 by Marshall Cavendish.
John is the President of the Singapore Branch of the International Brotherhood of Magicians that has its HQ in the USA. He frequently uses magic in his lectures and presentations not only to enliven the audience, but to bring out important learning principles in a fun way.
John is a Certified Professional Behavioural Analyst (CPBA), and a member of the Marketing Institute of Singapore (MMIS). In addition, he also holds a Bachelor of Engineering from the National University of Singapore, and a Certified Professional Trainer from the International Professional Association, UK.