Proven Memory Strategies: Powerful Memory Techniques to Drive Performance at Work
“If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered.”
Edgar Allen Poe
Imagine you were invited to a business networking event where you would meet potential business contacts. Days after the event, you realise that you have no idea who they are, their names or the companies they work for. Worst still, when any of them wants to pursue a business opportunity with, you can’t quite remember what was discussed. How embarrassing! In fact, you missed an opportunity to build rapport with a genuine potential client who might have been a great asset to you and your company.
A good memory is good for business. Period!
Despite all the technologies and gadgets that proclaims to make life simpler and more productive, nothing beats the human mind propensity to critique and strategize information. In a dynamic business environment having a razor-sharp memory is your greatest asset. Having an excellent memory is what makes you stand apart from the rest of the crowd. No one is born with a good memory or a bad memory. It’s all a matter of training your brain to absorb and recall information effectively. This will require you to engage in specific mental practices that will sharpen your latent potentials of your brain. With enough training and practice you will realize the true capabilities of your brain to remember chunks and chunks of information. There are some positive side-effects of making your memory razor sharp. As your memory improves you will feel more emotionally intelligent, less stressed with the challenges life throws at you, more confidence in handling problems and making decisions. In the business world, a razor-sharp memory will help you assess situations rapidly and thus enhance your critical and creative thinking skills. You will also become better at communicating with others. In this two-day application-based workshop you will discover that you can improve memory tremendously, retain relevant information longer and reduce the inherent stress of everyday challenges in business and life.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Critique and remember key information during meetings
- Easily remember and recall business contacts
- Process written information (emails, memos, journal, manuals etc.) productively and remember key elements
- Remember schedules and process other information mentally
- Establish rapport with people by remembering relevant information
- Overcome fear of forgetting passwords and pin numbers
- Give more engaging presentation instead of rummaging through notes
- Upgrade qualifications without the fear of not being able to cope with new knowledge being imparted
- Response with clarity by giving relevant information without having to look at notes
- Use powerful memory techniques to drive business performance
The infinite ability of the human mind
- How our brain process information
- Why we delete, distort and generalize information
- How our brain registers and recall information
Auditory Visualization Memory Technique
- Understand how our five sense helps in improving the memory
- Creating visualization in our mind to help us remember
- Using digital-auditory method to unlock information ‘stuck’ in the mind
The Numerical Pegging System: How to process and remember information give randomly Understanding the Universal structure of thoughts
- Creating the number peg
- Why does this system work?
- Personalizing the number peg – ‘The Da Vinci Code’
Using memory techniques to improve business productivity
- How to remember names during networking sessions
- How to remember key information shared during meetings
Overcoming a fixed mindset to improve memory
- How mindset stifles the process of improving memory
- Moving away from Fixed mindset and towards a Growth mindset
- Managing the infinite possibilities of your mind to remember and recall
Using memory techniques to process information that helps to solve problem and make effective decisions
- How to categorize information mentally to understand the root cause of problems.
- Using mental imageries to come up with creative solutions to problem
- Using mnemonics strategies to make better decisions
Using memory technique to identify patterns in business reading to extract and remember relevant information
- Introducing the PQRIT© technique to deconstruct written information
- Highlighting key information in business reading (emails, memo, journals, manuals, etc.) to remember them for better analysis and course of action
Putting it altogether – using advanced memory strategies to drive business performance
- How to improve your memory – one day at a time
- Strategies to improve your business productivity with an excellent memory recall
- Becoming the individual your organization will fight to keep
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Business Executives, Managers, Supervisors and anyone who wants to augment their memory.
Application-based workshop that will continuously test the participants learning of memory techniques by introducing simulated real-life situation when this can be used. Individual assessment as well as group assessment to show how the various techniques taught can be used to drive business performance.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Super Memory Coach: Mr Daniel Theyagu
Daniel Theyagu is an ACTA-certified corporate trainer, Associate Adult Educator (AAE),Licensed Master Practitioner of NLP® and LEGO® Serious Play – Certified Facilitator. He has a Master in Education [University of Sheffield]; Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from University of Buckingham and Diploma in English from University of London.
Since 1989, Daniel has conducted training for more than 600 organizations with his participants coming from more than 100 countries. He has designed and delivered customize training programs in areas of design thinking, crisis management, performance management, emotional intelligence, creative thinking, critical thinking, systems thinking, business and personal ethics. Daniel’s personal productivity programs have been very well received and has enriched the lives of countless individuals from different walks of life.
Daniel is an adjunct faculty with Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS). For more than two decades, Daniel has conducted Career Transition Workshops for SAF and SPF retiring officers and specialists. Daniel has also regularly conducted Design Thinking workshop for Air Force Technical personnel, banking officers and research scientists.
His published self-help books include:
- Gravitating towards success
- Read Faster! Memorize Better! Think Clearer! – Three essential skills for a productive workforce
- How to Think Critically with Sun Tzu’s Art of War Stratagems
- Developing True Leadership Potential
- Guide to Success in Studies for Mature Students
- Making Memory Work for You