An NLP Approach to Foster Positive Psychology at Your Workplace: Cultivate Optimism and Increase Your Value at Work
Neurolinguistic Programming is increasing being used in many organisations as a popular psychological tool to enable employees capitalise their potential and maintain a state of positivity at work.
“The better your brain is at using its energy to focus on the positives, the greater your chances at success.” Shawn Achor.
Specifically, NLP is an approach to dealing with people in a manner to constructively get what you want. A typical workplace includes people from diverse backgrounds who all look at the world from different perspectives. NLP helps bridge the divides by examining how people think (neuro), how they communicate (linguistic) and how they develop thought patterns (programming).
We all want work to be a positive and engaging experience. Who doesn’t dream of waking up on a Monday excited to go to work?
To cultivate a culture of positive psychology, this workshop will help you understand the ways in which an individual or team interprets the world around them and reverse negative attitudes and habits in the workplace to give them control over how they react as well as feel towards future events.
Instant Benefits to Understand Positive Psychology at Workplace:
- Increase enthusiastic at work, feel more positive and work more effectively with others
- Positive Mindset at Work, and achieve bigger contribution to their organization
- Feel more engaged & satisfied at work
- Examine how NLP fits into positive psychology
- Demonstrate failsafe ways to cultivate optimism; get a 100% out of your day
- Identify negative behaviour and beliefs quickly and change them easily
- Recognise when opportunities are presented with a powerful new mindset
- Understand how to take control of your thoughts and feelings; maintain a positive working environment
- Distinguish different approaches to ensure you fulfil your potential
- Classify different communication styles to maintain win-win outcomes
- Outline some key robbers of energy and vitality
- Examine how untapped energy is available to you in abundance when you access it
- Explain the process of removing unconscious limiting beliefs that hold you back from success
- Evaluate your ability to learn and retain new knowledge
Producing Possibilities and Positivity
- Traditional psychology vs NLP in analysing problems
- How the mind works to produce results
- Organising thoughts, ideas and information to maintain an agile mind
- Changing inputs with modelling
Changing Thinking Patterns to Create New Values
- Installing NLP presuppositions
- Change past experiences to impact future behaviour
- Mental filters and how we perceive the world
- Introducing Meta programs
- Filtering language: Deletion, distortion and generalization
- Motivation traits that drive actions
- Working traits in internal mental processing
Recognising which Meta-Program is Running
- Meta-programs within yourself
- General vs Specific Patterns
- Frame of Reference sort
- Self or Other Pattern
- Match or Mismatch sort
- Necessity or Possibility Pattern
- Moving Towards vs Away Pattern
- Options vs Procedures Sort
- In-Time vs Through-Time Pattern
- What meta-programs can do for you
Employing The Language of Success
- The variety of channels people interact
- Communicating and Influencing
- Paying close attention to the people we interact
- Frames, responses and reframes
- Expressing intention and benefits
A Relationship of Harmony, Accord and Affinity
- The magic of establishing rapport by mirroring
- How the emotional state is tied to the physical state
- Entering the other person’s world
- Matching values and beliefs
- Matching body posture, tonality and common experiences
- Matching key words
- Thinking preferences
Creating a Toolkit
- Programming the mind to drive towards a goal
- NLP goal setting model
- Sensory specific goals
- Word meanings that drive the sensory system
- Directing attention towards external and internal resources
- The SOFI Goal Analysis Tool
- Backwards Goal Setting Questions
Effective Visualization and Imagination
- Harnessing the imagination
- Associated vs dissociated perspectives
- Future pacing
Anchoring for Best Performance at Work
- What is an NLP anchor
- Internal vs external anchors
- Types of anchors
- Stimulus-response concept
- When to use anchoring techniques
- Developing confidence anchoring
Modelling for Behaviour Change
- Observational modelling
- Adoptive modelling
- The 3 aspects of successful modelling
- Four stages to learning a new skill/change a behaviour
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is targeted for anyone who wishes to have a formidable toolkit for personal and team success at work.
This is a fun-based interactive workshop comprising of videos, practical case studies and group discussions to assist participants realise immediate returns of investment.
“A significant part of successfully dealing with people in my workplace is recognizing their work style and adapting my communication to be as accommodating as possible. Using the tools learnt from this workshop, I’m now able to recognise those who prefer to work independently and those who thrive in a group environment. Understanding if they are independent or cooperative through NLP mental meta-programs taught me to get along with both types which is great because it automatically created work options derived from a wide zone of possible agreements. Great job Sandra Daniel! Highly recommend this workshop! Evelyn Jacobs, Changi Airport
“Sandra Daniel presented in a light and easy to understand manner. I’m now able to protect myself from negative comments from people in my workplace and from today onwards, I’ll stop allowing ant kind of negatively affect my morale, self-esteem and confidence. Isabella Tan, DBS Bank
“The main return of investment I obtained from this workshop was the NLP strategies to reverse my team’s negative behaviours and habits. The content in this workshop taught me how individuals in my team interpret their workplace. I discovered how people have completely different experiences at work, even though the work environment is the same for everyone. NLP makes them aware that the problems they face at work are usually internal, not external. Making my team self-aware of their attitudes and behaviours is the first step towards a positive change.” Mathew Chua, Republic Poly
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Industry Practitioner & Organisational Coach (American Board of NLP), Ms Sandra Daniel
Sandra Daniel is an ACTA-Certified trainer and an associate adult educator. She holds a Master in Science in Training and Development from University of Leicester. A master practitioner and coach with the American Board of NLP, Sandra has a profound ability to bring the best out of people. She revolves her trainings around practicality and simplicity, arming participants with skills to instantly apply. She is a dynamic and entertaining trainer/speaker in areas of communication strategies, leadership management as well as personal and organization productivity.
As a corporate trainer, she has been guiding various statutory boards, government-based organizations and private business enterprises in recognizing opportunities to function proficiently in competitive environments. Some of her workshops and public seminars include clients from diverse industries namely Marina Bay Sands, Citibank, State Courts, Hilton Hotel, Singapore Police Force, Singapore Tourism Board, Changi Airport Group, Ministry of Home Affairs, DBS Bank, Ministry of Defence, OCBC Bank, Singapore Armed Forces, The Ritz Carlton, Ministry of Manpower, Singapore General Hospital, Housing & Development Board, Land Transport Authority and Central Provident Funds Board.
Apart from being a corporate trainer, Sandra is an adjunct lecturer with Singapore Institute of Technology and Singapore University of Social Sciences. She designs, develops and lectures topics on Negotiation and Relationship Management, Sun Tze Art of War Conflict Resolution, Crisis Communication, Integrated Thinking for Problem Solving and Decision Making, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence to Communicate Effectively and Transformational Leadership Skills.
Sandra provides a platform for industries to operate within various effective frameworks that integrate growth and success. Her real-world experiences with these clients place her in a better strategic position as a corporate trainer as she stays current on issues to cultivate specific skills and knowledge related to promoting employee development.
Sandra regularly contributes articles on management and communication skills as well as effective learning strategies to Straits Times Recruit.
To date, Sandra authored and co-authored several books namely, How to Think Critically with Sun Tzu Art of War Stratagems, Impactful Academic Writing, Extremely Busy People’s Guide to Read Faster and Memorize Better and Think Clearer