Moving up To Management: Leadership & Management Skills for New Supervisors and Senior Officers
- Must Have Supervisor's Survival Guide to Engaging, Managing & Leading your Team Members.
This seminar is to equip executives and supervisors with a clear understanding of the importance of leadership effectiveness within the organisation and its impact on others. They need to develop skills, knowledge and confidence to enable them to effectively lead their teams to ensure that their results meet the Organisation’s standards and expectation.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Lead people, including their peers.
- Gain trust and respect of others.
- Delegate and allocate resources effectively.
- Motivate others to achieve results.
- Key responsibilities of a Supervisor – purpose, functions and role.
- Awareness of own working and leadership styles:
- Lead more, manage less.
- Picking the right leadership style.
- Decision making through effective problem-solving.
- Manage resources, delegate duties, and empower staff:
- Getting work done through people: forging a winning team.
- Manage and resolve conflict.
- Motivate self and others:
- The impact of motivation on individuals and team performance.
- EQ and influencing skills through positive communication.
- Coaching and feedback giving, delegation, counselling, mentoring.
- Time and stress management.
- Summary and back-to-work application.
“The course has given a renewed interest in improving my leadership skills and creating a positive work environment.”
– Manager, Seletar Country Club
“This course has added great value to me personally. I’m confident that I will be a great leader to my team.”
– Manager, Ministry of Education
“The course was informative and relevant to my work.”
– Assistant Manager, Ministry of Manpower
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Catherine Syn has conducted both public and in-company seminars and workshops in Secretarial & Office Administrative Practices, Business Correspondence, Report, Proposal and Minutes Writing, Customer Service, Handling Complaints & The Difficult Customer, Teambuilding, Time & Stress Management, Communication & Relationship Management. She has been working closely with individual client companies on the development and design of training programmes to their specific organisation’s training and developmental needs. An approved lecturer with the Singapore Ministry of Education, Catherine studied Business in Australia, was a Corporate Member of the Institute Of Administrative Management (U.K.) and a WDA ACTA certified trainer for WSQ courses including Certified Service Professional. She has held the positions of Executive, Manager, Corporate Trainer and Consultant for the past three decades.
Since 1990, she has been training management professionals, managers, executives, secretarial, administrative, front-line sales, engineering, operations and service staff of both public and private sectors in Singapore, ASEAN and China. As an experienced trainer, she has successfully applied service qualities principles and competency assessments in all her communication courses in the areas of business writing, face-to-face communication, customer service, managing difficult customer-situations using effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills. A versatile and bi-lingual trainer, she relates well to all participants and has excellent delivery and presentation skills that meet the motivational needs of each and every participant.
Among the many companies she has provided training for, some of them are: Ritz Carlton, Swiss Hotel Merchant Court, Marina Mandarin, Becton Dickenson, Sony Asia Pacific, NTU, Singapore, Ngee Ann and Nanyang Polytechnics, ZhengHua Primary School, Carrier Transicold, Marsh Brokers, China Taiping Insurance, AIA, Etiqa, Liberty Insurance, SIA, Komatsu, DSO, DFS, NYK, AET Tankers, Du Pont, Senoko Power, John Crane, Hewitt, SembCorp Marine, Nippon Express, Nippon Koa, German Centre, Tanaka Electronics, SOXAL, Speedy Tech, NatSteel, Philips Singapore, Teck Wah, PSA, LTA, HDB, CPF, DSTA, RSAF, MCMD, Ministry Of Education, Traffic Police, Ministry of Home Affairs, GSMB, CSIT, CAAS, CIAS, SATS, LTA, A-Star, Toshiba, AWWA, SingStat, Department of Statistics, Crown Worldwide, Schenker, Keppel Shipyard, Alpine Engineering Services, Sanmina-SCI, Geotronics, ABB Industry, ICPAS, Loreal, Shisedo, Sa Sa Cosmetics, Cummins Diesel, EM Services, Esmaco, M1, Sankyu, Snap-On Tools, Makino, Bureau Serve, PerkinElmer Singapore, ST Aerospace Engineering, Chartered Semiconductors, AGC Flatglass, Hunting Energy, Orange Business, Cristofori, LF Contennial, Wah Yang Production, Malayan Natural Liquidfied Petroleum & Gas in Sarawak, Coca-Cola In Thailand, Maldives International Airport and MNCs in China.