Minimizing and Managing Chaos in the Workplace
- Gain hands-on experience applying tools for setting priorities and adjusting to shifting demands with greater clarity
Are you spending most of your time fire-fighting at work? Rushing from one problem to another?
If you are, you need to learn how to manage workplace chaos and disruption. Your ability to deal with office chaos has an impact on your career. Unless you know how to manage office chaos, it will derail your career, disrupt your life and even destroy your sanity.
At the workshop, you will learn how to manage workplace chaos by planning your day and adjusting to shifting demands. You will learn how to deal with interruptions from your supervisor and peers, and how to be professional and assertive in solving problems.
Discover strategies that you can use to alleviate and eliminate chaos at your workplace. With these strategies in place, you will have less stress and a more productive workplace.
- Reduce and eliminate chaos at your workplace
- Identify and prioritise important workday activities
- Use the right tools to make tough decisions
- Remain focused and act decisively when managing chaos and when priorities change
- Identify the various types of chaos at your workplace
- Identify the cause of the chaos using tools like fishbone, mind maps and affinity diagrams
- Determine priorities using SWOT analysis
- Use Priority Matrix to identify important and urgent activities
- Draw up an action plan that will allocate time for priority items, chaos and interruptions
- Manage chaos that are created by your boss or your peers
- Manage information-related chaos effectively
- Respond assertively when managing conflicts, interruptions and shifting work priorities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
“The course has improved my productivity immensely.”
– Manager, Berjaya Group
“They should have taught me this long ago.”
– Operations Manager, Port of Singapore Authority
“I’ve never been so interested in all the courses I’ve attended.”
– Vice President, DBS Bank
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Wong Peng Wai is a management consultant and corporate trainer. An affable and engaging trainer, Peng Wai has conducted hundreds of workshops on change management, time management and systems thinking in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta.
As a consultant, Peng Wai has done more than thirty large projects on change management, information technology, banking systems and human resource planning.
Before starting his training company, Peng Wai was head of investment banking technology at Citibank N.A. and consulting manager at Union Bank of Switzerland.
With a M.B.A. and a B.Eng., Peng Wai is a certified trainer in critical thinking, a presentation skills coach and a member of the Association for Talent Development.