Mastering Managerial and Supervisory Skills
- Modeling, inspiring and getting the best from your people
Mastering People-Supervision Skills – Supervising others
Supervising and managing others can be a tough job. Between managing your own time and projects, helping your team members solve problems and complete tasks, and helping other supervisors, your day can fill up before you know it. When an employee’s talents are not channeled correctly, their behavior can seriously compromise the success of an organization. People empowerment can be a very effective tool within the field of people management. The question is: what do managers, supervisors really need to master in order to unlock their people’s potential and to empower their team? This workshop will help Managers-Supervisors become more efficient and proficient on how to exercise their authority; delegate properly; understand the importance of responsibility and accountability, and the importance of communicating with employees in an effective way. They can understand the crucial abilities they need to master in order to become effective and make sure the job is done.
- You can learn how to motivate and committing your people to action and making them responsible for their performance.
- You will understand why not everyone is on the same intellectual, maturity, compliance or motivational level.
- You can learn the basic of the communication process.
- You can learn what it takes for your people to trust you as Supervisor-manager with leadership.
- You will understand the supervisor’s responsibilities.
- You can learn the complexity of delegating and the importance of doing it correctly.
- You can learn how to supervise and manage better yourself as well.
- You will understand the difference between what is urgent and what is important.
- Define the ability to managing & supervising people.
- Understand the principles for a competent supervisor.
- Learn the crucial five abilities to successful competent manager-supervisor.
- Understand the importance of Personal & Social competence.
- Set expectations for your staff.
- Assign work and delegate appropriately with meta-communication skill.
- Degree of Delegation.
- Provide effective, appropriate feedback to your staff.
- Manage your tasks more efficiently together with other people working with you according to the time you have.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
A must attend for supervisors, emerging managers, managers, senior managers and directors.
“This course has given a renewed interest in improving my leadership skills and creating a positive work environment.”
– Manager, Keppel FELS Ltd
“This course has added great value to me personally. I’m confident that I will be a great leader to my team. I will like to recommend this course to my fellow colleagues too!”
– Senior Executive, Singapore Technologies Kinetics Ltd
“The course was informative and relevant to my work.”
– Administrative Manager, Nanyang Polytechnic
ABOUT THE TRAINER
NLP Master Practitioner
Leonardo is an energetic Training Facilitator, Relationships Counsellor & Personal Coach whose sense of humour together with his relaxed and confident style can be of real inspiration to his clients and audiences.
In the corporate environment he is an expert in the area of ‘Communication-Relationships at Work’ & ‘Emotional Competence’. He brings to his clients his creativity and experience in the business world, blended with the wisdom and experience gained through his own life challenges and his several studies in the area of human development.
By combining his knowledge in Psychology, Counselling and NLP coaching techniques, together with his long term business experience in the corporate world, Leonardo has the capacity to help people, business executives and companies to create solutions to today’s challenges of retention, recruitment, work-life balance, stress, relationship conflict and burnout. Leonardo’s passion is to promote cultures where individuals thrive to be efficient and productive, while taking care of their health and wellbeing.
Leonardo has twenty years of professional experience as a senior executive in the corporate business. A native Italian, he has lived in Singapore since 1995, and traveled extensively for business in Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Europe. Through his international exposure, he has developed a deep understanding of several cultures, becoming a real expert in multiculturalism.
Leonardo has trained people from
- NUS – National University of Singapore;
- The Esplanade;
- RC Hotels Pte Ltd;
- SMU – Singapore Management University;
- EMA (Energy-Market-Authority) Singapore;
- Nanyang Polytechnic;
- Quintiles East Asia Pte Ltd;
- Sanofi-Aventis Singapore Pte Ltd;
- Singapore Prison Service;
- Seagate Technology International;
- Apple Computer Singapore;
- Bovis Lend Lease Asia;
- National Heritage Board;
- Republic Polytechnic;
- McGraw-Hill Education (Asia);
- Singapore Technologies Kinetics Ltd;
- DSO National Laboratories;
- Keppel FELS Ltd;
- Visentic Solutions Pte Ltd
- Caterpillar Asia;
- Cosmos Chemical (S) Co Pte Ltd – Singapore;
- JTC Corporation Singapore;
- Mitsui & Co. (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd;
- DHL In-House Consulting;
- OUB Bank;
- Reuters Singapore;
- Rider Levett Bucknall – Singapore;
- Siemens Medical Instruments;
- Philip Morris Singapore Pte Ltd;
- SMRT Taxi;
- SIM – Singapore Institute of Management;
- Singapore Customs;
- DMG Singapore;
- DBS Bank;
- Total Oil Asia Pacific Pte Ltd;
- Zuellig Pharma Singapore;
- Lantiq Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.;
- SingTel – Singapore