Leadership Communication with Impact
- Become a leader communicator who connects and resonates with any stakeholders
The skill of confidently communicating with others is a valuable asset in any aspect of your life; it can help sell products and ideas, convince people and institutions to assist you, motivate people to trust and follow you, develop healthy relationships at work and in the family, and contribute to the company’s innovative process. Becoming a competent communicator is also essential for your career path.
This workshop will equip you with powerful communication skills, which will help you to inspire and connect with people, and get the results you are looking for. Feedback from senior corporate managers suggest that having subordinates such as supervisors, junior managers, emerging managers, general staff, contribute with ideas, personal creativity, personal opinions and handling conversations with confidence, is one of the most crucial tasks they face: ‘majority of these people simply don’t know how to communicate!’ This incapacity or inability to verbally and emotionally contribute to the wellbeing of the company can decelerate its own progress or success or risk missing opportunities for the company in the long run.
The primary intent of this workshop is to help participants to appreciate the knowledge, develop most essential soft-skills and have some tools in order to build strong foundations in the process of becoming a confident and competent communicator.
- You will understand how the word choice can easily influence the attitude and behaviour of people listening to you.
- You will learn how to share opinions in a confident way, and how to keep the conversation moving with confidence.
- You will experience how listening well can have a great impact in your relationships.
- You will learn what your responsibility is when you have to build-up meaningful relationship by applying the art of powerful-effective communication.
- You will also learn how to share your opinions with confidence, and eventually how to disagree in a constructive way and build consensus.
- Understand why listening is probably the most important skill to master for effective communication and what to do in order to become a more effective listener.
- Learn how to improve verbal communication skills by asking effective questions and the ability to converse with power.
- Learn how to share your opinion with confidence and assertiveness without offending or been perceived hostile.
- Understand how to overcome the process of blaming with the power of self-responsibility & accountability.
- Learn how to remove communication barriers: The Communication Process.
- Understanding how becoming emotional competent can help impact people.
- Understanding how acknowledging both viewpoints, building bridges and “giving in without giving up” can improve your skills in influencing other people.
- Apprehend the important steps involved in constructive-problematic-conversation-resolution.
- Acquiring co-operative & mutual understanding communication.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
You are a supervisor or reporting officer and manage one or more employees.
Participants will experience the theory and the practice of what they will learn with the use of:
- Group Discussion & Sharing
- Personalized Coaching
- Training Manuals
“Good Motivator and sharing of personal experiences.”
– Manager, EM Services Pte Ltd
“Leonardo is a very good speaker. He gave a lot of real life practical examples that is applicable to our daily work life.”
– Officer, Singapore Prison Services
“The pace and supporting examples were just right, reinforcing the key concepts in the 2 day course.”
– Supervisor, Rolls Royce
“I enjoyed the self-discovery journey, it allowed me to pause and reflect upon my current state, challenges I face and that I will have to make a choice and decide how I want the future to be. I am really glad to have attended the course.”
– Assistant Manager, BBDO Singapore Pte Ltd
“Good Course! Thank you.”
– Manager, Nanyang Polytechnic
“Very Insightful, let me know more about myself and how I can improve my leadership skills. I would definitely benefit from this course, applying what I had learnt.”
– Lecturer, Republic Polytechnic
“Very Insightful, Leonardo is able to engage the audience and help them analyse the barriers on communication. It goes deep enough to allow the participants to search their own thinking and make good changes to unhealthy habits. The practical presentations and demonstration are very helpful in learning the new concepts.”
– Team Leader, Ministry of Health
ABOUT THE TRAINER
NLP Master Practitioner
Leonardo is an energetic Training Facilitator, Relationships Counsellor & Personal Coach whose sense of humour together with his relaxed and confident style can be of real inspiration to his clients and audiences.
In the corporate environment he is an expert in the area of ‘Communication-Relationships at Work’ & ‘Emotional Competence’. He brings to his clients his creativity and experience in the business world, blended with the wisdom and experience gained through his own life challenges and his several studies in the area of human development.
By combining his knowledge in Psychology, Counselling and NLP coaching techniques, together with his long term business experience in the corporate world, Leonardo has the capacity to help people, business executives and companies to create solutions to today’s challenges of retention, recruitment, work-life balance, stress, relationship conflict and burnout. Leonardo’s passion is to promote cultures where individuals thrive to be efficient and productive, while taking care of their health and wellbeing.
Leonardo has twenty years of professional experience as a senior executive in the corporate business. A native Italian, he has lived in Singapore since 1995, and traveled extensively for business in Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Europe. Through his international exposure, he has developed a deep understanding of several cultures, becoming a real expert in multiculturalism.
Leonardo has trained people from
- NUS – National University of Singapore;
- The Esplanade;
- RC Hotels Pte Ltd;
- SMU – Singapore Management University;
- EMA (Energy-Market-Authority) Singapore;
- Nanyang Polytechnic;
- Quintiles East Asia Pte Ltd;
- Sanofi-Aventis Singapore Pte Ltd;
- Singapore Prison Service;
- Seagate Technology International;
- Apple Computer Singapore;
- Bovis Lend Lease Asia;
- National Heritage Board;
- Republic Polytechnic;
- McGraw-Hill Education (Asia);
- Singapore Technologies Kinetics Ltd;
- DSO National Laboratories;
- Keppel FELS Ltd;
- Visentic Solutions Pte Ltd
- Caterpillar Asia;
- Cosmos Chemical (S) Co Pte Ltd – Singapore;
- JTC Corporation Singapore;
- Mitsui & Co. (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd;
- DHL In-House Consulting;
- OUB Bank;
- Reuters Singapore;
- Rider Levett Bucknall – Singapore;
- Siemens Medical Instruments;
- Philip Morris Singapore Pte Ltd;
- SMRT Taxi;
- SIM – Singapore Institute of Management;
- Singapore Customs;
- DMG Singapore;
- DBS Bank;
- Total Oil Asia Pacific Pte Ltd;
- Zuellig Pharma Singapore;
- Lantiq Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.;
- SingTel – Singapore