Essential Managerial Skills To Be An Effective Team Leader
- Creating Leaders of Tomorrow
What Managers and Non-Managers Need to Know to Handle Workplace Challenges
Leading an effective team is challenging. You have to balance both task requirements and people needs. How to strike a balance requires effort from the leader.
If you want to be an effective team leader, this program is for you.
In this program, you will get instant access to various practical tools and methodologies to help you build and operate your teams effectively.
Learn from Dickson Tang – The author of an Amazon Bestseller book “Leadership for future of work: 9 ways to build career edge over robots with human creativity“.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- become better team leaders in workplace
- boost overall team performance and effectiveness
- build effective teams quickly with practical tools and methodologies
- What are the roles and responsibilities as a team leader
- How to lead effectively according to different stages of team development
BUILDING AN EFFECTIVE TEAM
- How to set team-based goals and objectives
- How to set team norms and ground rules
RUNNING AN EFFECTIVE TEAM
- How to use RACI model to define workflow
- How to conduct effective team meeting
- How to follow through team tasks for results
A combination of training methods will be used e.g. case study, demonstration, games, group discussion, ideas journal
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- Anyone who would like to develop an effective and high performance team
- Managers, head of departments, team leads and business unit leaders who need to get business results through teamwork
“Examples are very relevant and realistic.”
About the Trainer
Dickson Tang is an author, speaker and trainer. He specializes in leadership, focusing on leadership ideas for the future of work.
He is the author of an Amazon Bestseller book “Leadership for future of work: 9 ways to build career edge over robots with human creativity”.
He has over 15 years of experience in management, marketing, business consulting, organizational strategies and training & development. His prior corporate experience includes assignments with several leading companies such as KPMG Advisory, Gartner and Netscape Inc. He has trained professionals from Cartier, CITIC Telecom, DHL, Exterran, JVC Kenwood, Kongsberg Maritime, Mannheim Business School, Menicon, Montblanc, Wirtgen and many more.
With dual background in business strategy and corporate training, he effectively designs and delivers speaking / training programs with alignment of organizational, team and individual needs.
He holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from ESSEC Graduate School of Management in France and a Bachelor of Social Science from The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
He also holds an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) from Institute for Adult Learning in Singapore. He is a certified DISC profiling professional.