Effective Office Skills for Administrative Support Staff – Acquire Tools to becoming the Ultimate Administrative Support Staff
Taking Charge - Tools to becoming the Ultimate Administrative Support Staff
Practical 1 day Guide for Secretaries, administrators, executives, administrative assistants, front-line support personnel, and those in support positions to senior management.
This workshop is intended to help staff members in support positions understand their roles and responsibilities in the organization. They will learn new strategies in handling workload through enhancing organization skills and prioritizing. Participants will explore ways to work effectively in a team, enhance critical communication skills, learn new assertive behaviours and explore self-management techniques for the workplace.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand their important roles and functions of today’s office
- Understand the changing role of the office administrator
- Increase productivity in the office
- Manage and handle information for maximum results
- Appreciate the use of appropriate communication tools in the office
- The roles and functions of the office
- Productivity and the Administrator’s evolving role
- Matching business goals with administrative support goals in relation to the organisation’s vision and mission
- Office productivity through effective task management and understanding new and required work processes as to how they relate to work and others
- Planning and scheduling of office work
- Secretarial duties in arranging meeting rooms
- Increase your administrative effectiveness through organized methods and systems
- Limiting interruptions in the office – proper time management for better workload management
- Communicating for better results, managing telephone calls efficiently
- Writing email memos, letters to internal and external customers
Summary and Back-to-work Application
This is a highly participative adult-focused training workshop with plenty of:
- Group activities
- Case studies
Secretaries, administrators, executives, administrative assistants, front-line support personnel, and those in support positions to senior management.
“The way the instructor conduct the class is very interesting and it really related to my real life working experience.”
– Administrative Manager , Land Transport Authority
“Catherine can capture the hearts of all participants & keep us alert. Nobody will fall asleep as she is a real good speaker.”
– Secretary, ASIS International
“Catherine encourages the participants to share their experiences. She’s very knowledgeable and able to tell us good examples.”
– Management Support Officer, Nanyang Polytechnic
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Catherine Syn has conducted both public and in-company seminars and workshops in Secretarial & Office Administrative Practices, Business Correspondence, Report, Proposal and Minutes Writing, Customer Service, Handling Complaints & The Difficult Customer, Teambuilding, Time & Stress Management, Communication & Relationship Management. She has been working closely with individual client companies on the development and design of training programmes to their specific organisation’s training and developmental needs. An approved lecturer with the Singapore Ministry of Education, Catherine studied Business in Australia, was a Corporate Member of the Institute Of Administrative Management (U.K.) and a WDA ACTA certified trainer for WSQ courses including Certified Service Professional. She has held the positions of Executive, Manager, Corporate Trainer and Consultant for the past three decades.
Since 1990, she has been training management professionals, managers, executives, secretarial, administrative, front-line sales, engineering, operations and service staff of both public and private sectors in Singapore, ASEAN and China. As an experienced trainer, she has successfully applied service qualities principles and competency assessments in all her communication courses in the areas of business writing, face-to-face communication, customer service, managing difficult customer-situations using effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills. A versatile and bi-lingual trainer, she relates well to all participants and has excellent delivery and presentation skills that meet the motivational needs of each and every participant.
Among the many companies she has provided training for, some of them are: Ritz Carlton, Swiss Hotel Merchant Court, Marina Mandarin, Becton Dickenson, Sony Asia Pacific, NTU, Singapore, Ngee Ann and Nanyang Polytechnics, ZhengHua Primary School, Carrier Transicold, Marsh Brokers, China Taiping Insurance, AIA, Etiqa, Liberty Insurance, SIA, Komatsu, DSO, DFS, NYK, AET Tankers, Du Pont, Senoko Power, John Crane, Hewitt, SembCorp Marine, Nippon Express, Nippon Koa, German Centre, Tanaka Electronics, SOXAL, Speedy Tech, NatSteel, Philips Singapore, Teck Wah, PSA, LTA, HDB, CPF, DSTA, RSAF, MCMD, Ministry Of Education, Traffic Police, Ministry of Home Affairs, GSMB, CSIT, CAAS, CIAS, SATS, LTA, A-Star, Toshiba, AWWA, SingStat, Department of Statistics, Crown Worldwide, Schenker, Keppel Shipyard, Alpine Engineering Services, Sanmina-SCI, Geotronics, ABB Industry, ICPAS, Loreal, Shisedo, Sa Sa Cosmetics, Cummins Diesel, EM Services, Esmaco, M1, Sankyu, Snap-On Tools, Makino, Bureau Serve, PerkinElmer Singapore, ST Aerospace Engineering, Chartered Semiconductors, AGC Flatglass, Hunting Energy, Orange Business, Cristofori, LF Contennial, Wah Yang Production, Malayan Natural Liquidfied Petroleum & Gas in Sarawak, Coca-Cola In Thailand, Maldives International Airport and MNCs in China.