Different Strokes for Different Folks
- Learn the psychology of how people are motivated differently
When you know how to use the different strokes for the different folks, your work and personal life will not be the same again!
Have you ever wondered what your life would be like if you are able to work well with everybody whom you meet and interact with? They may be your team members, bosses, partners, clients and customers as well as people in your social and family circles.
When you acquire the techniques to know the different behavioural patterns of people and then give them the strokes that they want, you would have mastered a life skill that many people dream to have. Research has shown that this set of people skills will directly increase your EQ, social, communication, influencing, leadership and other abilities.
At the workplace, you would notice there are people who are very good with these skills, yet there are many who do not seem to be able to handle this well. Many attribute the gap to their genes. This is just an excuse. The good news is that every person can learn these skills to make them more effective and attractive at work, in the community and at home.
This 1-day program will show you how to read the different folks and then use different strokes to bring out the best in them and in yourself. When you turn this ability to become your habits, you would have acquired a life skill that make you happier, more satisfied and more successful at work and in your personal life.
Acquire the techniques to learn the different folks so that you can give the different strokes to increase your people skills!
At the end of the 1-day program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance and power of people skills
- Learn the psychology of how people are motivated differently
- Know how to read people’s different styles
- Know how to give the different strokes for the different folks
- Learn how to give positive strokes
- Use different learning strokes for the different folks
- Learn how to give the different strokes for the younger and older folks
Learn simple techniques to read peoples’ styles and to use the right strokes for the different folks.
THE POWER OF PEOPLE SKILLS
- Recognise people are different
- Understanding the psychology of motivation
- The importance of people skills
- Your personal brand
THE DIFFERENT FOLKS
- Know the 4 patterns that differentiate people
- Understanding Social Style™
- Knowing your style
THE DIFFERENT STROKES
- What you need to do to others
- What you need to self-control
- Increase your versatility to increase your EQ
GIVING POSITIVE STROKES
- The 5 ways to affirm others
- Practice giving positive feedback
USING DIFFERENT LEARNING STROKES
- People learn differently
- Understanding the different learning styles
- Awareness of our own learning style
STROKING THE DIFFERENT GENERATIONS
- The Millennials and Gen Z
- The older employees
YOUR ACTION PLAN
- What are your takeaways?
- Determine the skills to practice
This workshop will have a good mix of knowledge sharing, skills practice, case discussions, role plays and interactive activities. The active learning methodology will ensure participants can apply what they learn back at their workplaces.
- Anyone who wants to increase their people skills to work and relate well with people around them
- Anyone who want to increase their EQ, social, communication, influencing, leadership and other abilities
An engaging, lively and humorous facilitator who is able to draw out the participants and connect them with the learning points, leaving them feeling equipped and recharged.
– Director, Regional Head of Human Resources
His willingness and desire to use real life examples brought out from the participants to illustrate and to reinforce his teaching aid. Inspiring. Excellent in generating interest and engaging participants.
– Manager, Internal Audit
I thoroughly enjoy the warming up, the interactions and role plays. Swee Heng has created a friendly and easy platform for us, thus enabling and drawing us to actively participate… Great work and keep it up!
– Sales manager, Singapore
His passion and competence in developing others is evident… His analysis and generous sharing of practical tips to support my self-development has been very insightful and useful to me.
– Department head, Singapore
I was really impressed by the sincerity and passion you had for sharing your knowledge. You are one of those rare trainers who teach from the heart.
– Director, Risk management, Singapore
I have already seen many positives that my team leader has taken from the course and it has certainly strengthened her confidence in the role she is performing.
– Regional Head, Finance
Swee Heng is a dynamic presenter and facilitator with a natural ability to engage his audience, spur their thinking and sustain positive energy throughout his session. He used concrete, relevant examples his audience could relate and presented them in a succinct and interactive fashion. It was great to witness how comfortable the audience was in opening up and sharing their ideas.
– Consulting executive, Singapore
The variety of learning tools used made the workshop a truly stimulating experience. A lot of thinking was triggered ..
– Business executive, Hong Kong
Swee Heng is like a treasure box which contained a lot of useful tools and experience about management. When I need anything, he will share with me, I benefited from his coaching
– Manager, China
Swee Heng has inspired many of my directors and managers to sharpen their axe and become great. He is widely respected as a first-rate trainer, coach and role-model.
– CEO, Exhibition & conference services, Thailand and China
ABOUT THE TRAINER
As one participant put it, Mr. Tan Swee Heng is a dynamic presenter & facilitator with the ability to engage his audience, spur thinking and sustain positive energy throughout his session. He uses concrete, relevant examples and presents in a clear and fun manner.
Swee Heng specialises in leadership, mindset and culture improvement. He is a solution-focused Professional Certified Coach with the International Coaching Federation (ICF). His book “Coaching In The Moment – How busy leaders can make more impact with less time” is available in major bookstores from August 2017.
As an experienced and well-grounded executive coach, mentor and facilitator in the region, Swee Heng brings results & change in 3 areas:
1) Coaching leaders and teams to acquire effective mindsets & become Integral Leaders
2) Engaging leaders and teams to be effective in managing performance and relationships
3) Nurturing leaders to develop a positive team and organisational culture of solutions and achievements
He works with both commercial and public organisations supporting CEOs, Managing Directors, Department Leaders and Talents to embark on critical journeys to develop greater strengths. Many leaders benefited from Swee Heng’s 38 years of practical organisational experiences at both the Regional Management Board and ground levels, bringing with him essential breadth, depth and wealth of experience and expertise to each discussion.
Swee Heng trains and coaches in Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, India, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia for clients that include the Monetary Authority of Singapore, Ernst & Young, Singtel, Changi Airport Group, Reed Exhibitions, Elsevier, Grohe-Lixil Group, DBS Bank, Jebsen & Jessen Group, Damen Shipyards, Biomin, Sto SEA, the Institute of Internal Auditors and Polytechnics, National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Eduction, National Arts Council and the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore. He was also previously a business school faculty member at the SP Jain School of Global Management.
Swee Heng was, from Year 2000 to 2010, the regional Human Resource Director for Reed Business in Asia Pacific, a division of Reed Elsevier plc. He led Deloitte Singapore’s HR from 1997-2000. Swee Heng had also held key strategic and operational positions in the Ministry of Defence (Air Force). He has been practice leader in coaching, training and facilitation since 2010.
Swee Heng is a Certified Coach and Facilitator in global systems such as:
- Member of International Coaching Federation (Accredited Professional Coach)
- Certified Solution-focused Coach (awarded by the University of Toronto)
- Certified Marshall Goldsmith’s Stakeholders’ Centered Executive Coach
- Accredited with Life Style Inventory (LSI) / Leadership Impact (LI)
- Certified Action Reﬂection Learning Coach
- Certified Enneagram Coach
- Accredited with Social Style Communication System
He holds the following academic qualifications:
- MBA In International Management from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
- Degree in Management from Murdoch University
- Diploma of Psychology from the Singapore Human Resource Institute