Creating Impactful Infographics to Capture Your Audience using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Using Pictures to Communicate and Connect with Your Audiences
Do you know that up to 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual? And yet many of us continue to dull our audience to sleep with boring and mind-numbing figures.
If you are looking to impact your target audience with powerful visual content that they can digest anywhere, then Infographics is the tool to reach into the hearts and minds of your audience.
In this fast and furious one-day workshop, participants are equipped with the skills and tools to create infographics that are both impactful and attractive. Participants will be equipped with the key concepts of design and layout coupled with insights into the mind of how their audience thinks.
Power of Infographics
- Infographics aid marketing and business development
- Drive Traffic and Social Shares
- How to deliver knowledge and ideas visually using Infographics more effectively
- Create Creative, Persuasive and Eye-Catching Infographics to Impress your Audience
At the end of this 1-day impactful workshop:
- Understand what annoys your audience and how we can best grab their attention
- Learn how to craft relevant and unique content that your audience craves
- Identify the best layout for your content to effectively reach out to your audience
- Be equipped with the technical skills to design attention-grabbing infographics using
Colour, Fonts, and Alignment
- Discover where you can find free high-quality graphics on the web to enhance
the look of your content
- Learn how you can design attractive Infographics through PowerPoint with
easy to apply techniques
- Be equipped with the know-how to animate your Infographics and convert it into a viral video
- Learn how to amplify your company’s brand through infographics on various
social media platforms
Understanding what makes your audience ticks
As with all builders, the first step to building a strong house is to understand the land that it sits on. Likewise, before we begin any marketing campaign, we need to ask ourselves relevant questions that affect our audience’s every waking hour. This segment will see us prying into the mind of the audience to see what makes them ticks. Most importantly, we will understand how to craft an impactful message that grabs their attention.
Exploring the key concepts of design
Many of us are familiar with using software like Photoshop, Illustrator, and PowerPoint. Yet one important factor in achieving a good infographic is missing; Understanding the key concepts of design. In this session, I will equip you with the knowledge on the design which is applicable across various platforms and settings. Be it designing a newsletter or deciding what colour to use for your new house, these design concepts will serve you well for many situations. Components covered include, how to apply a grid system, using the appropriate fonts type and size, and splashing your infographics with the relevant colours.
Harnessing the flexibility and versatility of PowerPoint
It is estimated that 300 million copies of PowerPoint are used worldwide. Many users are introduced to it at a young age. Yet this powerful software is often overlooked and many of its featured are under-utilized. In this segment, we will equip you with the skills to use PowerPoint to design your infographics and to animate it into a video. You will also come to know many of the latest features that can help you create pictograms and modify pictures in double-quick time.
Riding on the power of Pictograms and Pictures
As the saying goes, a picture speaks a thousand words. With the advent of smartphones, we see people being glued to their mobile devices more than ever. Unfortunately, their attention span has been greatly reduced and the only way to attract and retain their attention is using relevant and attractive pictograms and pictures in your marketing collaterals. In this session, we will equip you with the skills to create your unique pictograms and make changes to pictures that can be used effectively in your infographics. More importantly, we will also show you where free, attractive and royalty-free graphics can be obtained legally online.
Leveraging on the effectiveness of templates
In a time-crunch world, many of us need resources and tools that can help us create attractive and effective infographics in double-quick time. More than ever, we need to rely on templates that are easy to use and proven to be a success. In this segment, we will look at the four common layouts for infographics and how we can harness it and create an attention-grabbing marketing graphic.
Spreading your message through the popularity of social media
Never a week goes by without you receiving a viral video or infographic that captures your heart and mind; such is the power of social media. It is a double-edged sword that may make or break your brand. In this session, we look at how we can exploit social media platforms like Whatsapp, Youtube, and Facebook, to our advantage and allow our message to be entrenched in the minds of the audience.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Sales and marketing professionals looking to grab the attention of their customers
- Business owners and marketing managers who want to stand out in a crowded marketplace
- Executives and managers looking to be equipped with key concepts of design
- Teachers and educators looking to pack their data-heavy content into attractive and impactful visuals
- This course is suitable for anyone that would like to share their ideas and projects using Infographics.
- Participants will need to have a working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Participants will be required to have a laptop with PowerPoint installed.
“Great course. All professional presenters should attend this course. Really good value for money for all the materials covered and resources provided. Kelvin and team – excellent job.”
– Col. (NS) Png Bee Hin, Former Director D’Executive Services Mindef
“A technically dry subject made lively and fun! Great workshop/program. Strongly recommended for anyone who uses PowerPoint for presentation. Kelvin is wonderful! Very knowledgeable and helpful.”
– Jeffrey Foo, Group HR Manager, PSA International Ltd
“This is an excellent program to improve the aesthetics and impact of my PowerPoint slides without making it look cheap or amateurish. I’m amazed at how my skills improved by almost 300%.”
– Gabriel Chan, AIA Trainer
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Certified Microsoft PowerPoint Specialist: Mr Kelvin Lee
Kelvin Lee is a dynamic and eloquent communicator. His passion is in equipping people with the skills to create presentations that are both impressive and persuasive.
In 2001, he joined Fig Tree Multimedia Pte Ltd, a company focused on providing services in the area of presentation. He is overall in-charge of the training, design and multimedia department. Kelvin is also creator and senior trainer of Fig Tree Multimedia’s Power Design for Presentation workshops.
Kelvin is a certified Microsoft PowerPoint specialist. He writes regularly and is an author at well-established online article directories like Ezinearticles.com and Helium.com.
The clients that have gone through his training include PSA, CPF, IBM, AIA, Shell Petroleum, AT&T, Mindef, NTU, NTUC, AMEX, IE Singapore, Spring Singapore and Republic Polytechnic.
He has been engaged to provide PowerPoint makeover service to IBM Singapore, Mindef, PSA, NEC, Nokia Siemens and NCS. Kelvin was one of the keynote speakers for NIE’s “e-Learning FEST 2010” and SHRI’s HR Day.