Coaching for Optimal Performance: using NLP and Lego® Seriousplay®
Consider this situation: You are in your office looking over your performance report and it happened again. Your low performing members of your team failed to meet quota this month even after you spoke with them about the importance of achieving the goals that you have set. Your team has a great attitude and you know they can do better. You just do not know how to motivate them to reach the goal. Money used to work, but that has worn off. You are baffled and you know being frustrated makes matters worse. What do you do? If you have faced this kind of dilemma this workshop will demonstrate the way to overcome it using powerful techniques of NLP and Lego® Seriousplay®.
Confucius said: “Tell me, and I will forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I will understand.” As a leader in whatever career that you are in, your most important and unique role is to be a coach as well as a mentor to your sub-ordinates. These people will look up to you for guidance and direction on what needs to be done and how it should be done. This is where you a leader need to be the guiding force in bringing the best out of your people. Sometimes there is a need for you to delegate a task and oversee how the task is done successfully. At other times you have to empower a task to your sub-ordinate and ensure that he/she is absolutely clear as to how to achieve the target objective. Either way you have to play the dual and inter-changeable role of being a coach to ensure that your people perform at their peak with stunning results and being a mentor to ensure that you and your people are successful in what they do.
- Understand the fundamentals of NLP Neuro-logical Alignment Framework
- How to use NLP Neuro-logical Alignment Framework to identify your coachee’s needs and wants
- Apply the GROW Model: Goal setting; Reality check; Options developed and Way forward
- Tailor coaching to suit the personality type using the SCORE model
- Identify the step necessary in defining the current state or reality of your staff’s situation
- Create a productive and proactive environment for easier communication
- Assist is setting achievable goals using Lego® Seriousplay® methodology
- Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan or wrapping it up and getting your staff motivated to accomplish those plans
- Communication expectations clearly and identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee
- Develop people to make them more valuable by identifying and overcoming common obstacles
- Confront and counsel underachieving performers constructively by giving effective and constructive feedback to improve performance and maintaining trust
- Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning your employee to other growth opportunities
- Understand the full NLP Neuro-logical Alignment exercise
- How to identify Coachee’s needs and wants
- Discussion on the GROW Model
- How to apply the GROW Model – a working plan
- Introducing the SCORE model
- Techniques for assessing employees’ performance
- Helping your staff create SMART goals
- Guideline to follow to be an effective coach
- How to give constructive feedback and conducting an appreciative inquiry
- Pitfalls to avoid during performance management
- Creating a checklist of effective coaching and feedback technique
- Case studies and role play on coaching skills
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® is a recognized and field tested tool for strategy development, innovation, hiring processes, product development, and team development.
“Daniel was a committed and passionate instructor. Our skills will improve thanks to your strategies.”
“Extremely eye-opening and amazing course! Thank you, Daniel!”
“Very practical topic that is relevant to my work. Highly effective facilitator.”
“Mr Daniel is a very knowledgeable trainer and gives practical solutions on how to coach employees more effectively.”
“Very good insight and achieved my objectives! Good mix of activities and materials. Very knowledgeable and generous in impacting skill and life experience, juxtaposed with human and realistic/practical examples. Excellent workshop!”
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Daniel Theyagu is an ACTA-certified corporate trainer, Associate Adult Educator (AAE),Licensed Master Practitioner of NLP® and LEGO® Serious Play – Certified Facilitator. He has a Master in Education [University of Sheffield]; Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from University of Buckingham and Diploma in English from University of London.
Since 1989, Daniel has conducted training for more than 600 organizations with his participants coming from more than 100 countries. He has designed and delivered customize training programs in areas of design thinking, crisis management, performance management, emotional intelligence, creative thinking, critical thinking, systems thinking, business and personal ethics. Daniel’s personal productivity programs have been very well received and has enriched the lives of countless individuals from different walks of life.
Daniel is an adjunct faculty with Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS). For more than two decades, Daniel has conducted Career Transition Workshops for SAF and SPF retiring officers and specialists. Daniel has also regularly conducted Design Thinking workshop for Air Force Technical personnel, banking officers and research scientists.