Beyond ‘Hello’ – A Practical Guide for Excellence in Customer Care and Loyalty
Getting and staying in touch with your customers to give them a good customer experience is a skill that every service provider would like to achieve. This would certainly help not only to bring in new customers but to maintain the business. When things turn sour, it is the duty of the service professional to please unhappy customers and manage their expectations. This training programme shows you how to achieve this in order to make an impact to the customer and your company’s profitability.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the implications of effective customer service.
- Practise the Do’s and Don’t’s of attire, attitude and behavior to project a professional image.
- Apply service first principles and the pillars of success in service excellence.
- Identify the steps and correct practices to demonstrate memorable service, manage customer expectations and resolve problems.
- The impact of “Moments of Truth” in customer service.
- Best practices in an “ideal service situation”.
- Feel good about yourself – proper grooming, body language and service behaviour.
- Who are your customers and what do they want from you?
- Customer behavioural pattern and the repercussions of dissatisfied customers.
- Benefits of excellent service to you, your customers and your organisation.
- Demonstrate courtesy, respect, consideration, empathy, and service from the heart.
- Use positive communication to move customers into action.
- Apply proper eye contact, smile and positive behaviour to connect with customers.
- Listen effectively, ask relevant questions and apply problem-solving skills to convert challenging moments into sales opportunities.
- Impress and inspire your customers to achieve trust and loyalty in the long term.
- Summary and application back-at-work.
Besides trainer input, this is going to be a highly participative hands-on training programme with plenty of discussions, group activities, case studies, and role-plays.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Customer Service Professionals who need to provide customer satisfaction.
“It has been fun and insightful to learn skills which are applicable to my line of work.”
– Customer Service Executive, International Hotel Chain
“Catherine was very positive and engaging and has had great experience in all aspects of this course. Perfect !”
– Manager, Coca-Cola International (Thailand)
“I would like to express my heartfelt appreciation for the excellent training you had conducted for us. The workshop was engaging. fulfilling and interactive. I found it beneficial and would apply the skills learnt in the workplace.”
– Sales Manager, Sony Asia Pacific
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Catherine Syn has conducted both public and in-company seminars and workshops in Secretarial & Office Administrative Practices, Business Correspondence, Report, Proposal and Minutes Writing, Customer Service, Handling Complaints & The Difficult Customer, Teambuilding, Time & Stress Management, Communication & Relationship Management. She has been working closely with individual client companies on the development and design of training programmes to their specific organisation’s training and developmental needs. An approved lecturer with the Singapore Ministry of Education, Catherine studied Business in Australia, was a Corporate Member of the Institute Of Administrative Management (U.K.) and a WDA ACTA certified trainer for WSQ courses including Certified Service Professional. She has held the positions of Executive, Manager, Corporate Trainer and Consultant for the past three decades.
Since 1990, she has been training management professionals, managers, executives, secretarial, administrative, front-line sales, engineering, operations and service staff of both public and private sectors in Singapore, ASEAN and China. As an experienced trainer, she has successfully applied service qualities principles and competency assessments in all her communication courses in the areas of business writing, face-to-face communication, customer service, managing difficult customer-situations using effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills. A versatile and bi-lingual trainer, she relates well to all participants and has excellent delivery and presentation skills that meet the motivational needs of each and every participant.
Among the many companies she has provided training for, some of them are: Ritz Carlton, Swiss Hotel Merchant Court, Marina Mandarin, Becton Dickenson, Sony Asia Pacific, NTU, Singapore, Ngee Ann and Nanyang Polytechnics, ZhengHua Primary School, Carrier Transicold, Marsh Brokers, China Taiping Insurance, AIA, Etiqa, Liberty Insurance, SIA, Komatsu, DSO, DFS, NYK, AET Tankers, Du Pont, Senoko Power, John Crane, Hewitt, SembCorp Marine, Nippon Express, Nippon Koa, German Centre, Tanaka Electronics, SOXAL, Speedy Tech, NatSteel, Philips Singapore, Teck Wah, PSA, LTA, HDB, CPF, DSTA, RSAF, MCMD, Ministry Of Education, Traffic Police, Ministry of Home Affairs, GSMB, CSIT, CAAS, CIAS, SATS, LTA, A-Star, Toshiba, AWWA, SingStat, Department of Statistics, Crown Worldwide, Schenker, Keppel Shipyard, Alpine Engineering Services, Sanmina-SCI, Geotronics, ABB Industry, ICPAS, Loreal, Shisedo, Sa Sa Cosmetics, Cummins Diesel, EM Services, Esmaco, M1, Sankyu, Snap-On Tools, Makino, Bureau Serve, PerkinElmer Singapore, ST Aerospace Engineering, Chartered Semiconductors, AGC Flatglass, Hunting Energy, Orange Business, Cristofori, LF Contennial, Wah Yang Production, Malayan Natural Liquidfied Petroleum & Gas in Sarawak, Coca-Cola In Thailand, Maldives International Airport and MNCs in China.