Behavioural-based Competency Interviewing and Selection Techniques
- Immediate Results to Your Talent Recruitment!
How to Conduct Insightful Interviews to Select and Recruit the Right Talent for Your Organization
The responsibility for improvements in employee selection procedures partly rests with the human resources function. However, in a larger part, it is the responsibility of the professional staff and manager, who are doing the hiring. Competency-based EASI Interviewing enables more accurate selection decisions. The program will help the recruitment of employees who are more effective, productive and are satisfied with their jobs; thus, increasing the number of individuals who are productive, reach productivity standards quickly, and are not likely to leave the organization.
Good selection of employees results in many advantages for the manager, and the organization, for instance more productive employees, employees become productive in a shorter time, better use of manager’s training and coaching time (a manager often spends a great deal of time bringing one poor employee up to the minimum performance level), decreased turnover and increased time to manage (a manager spending a lot more time “fighting fires) caused by poor employees.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Use a systematic selection process to validly predict applicants’ job performance.
- Explain the selection process and used an Interview Guide in preparing, conducting and managing the interview to select the right people.
- Use well-thought-out behavioral questioning techniques.
- Utilize job-related core competencies in the interview process.
- Maintain the image of the organization and ensure that the dignity of the applicant is preserved
- Context for Competency-based interviewing
- Begin with the end-in-mind & Components of Behavioral Interview
- Short Behavioral Exercises & Skills Practice l
- Key Interviewing Principles & Interview Guide
- Good Impression
- Categorizing Behavioral Information & Short Exercise
- Skills Practice ll
- Integrating and Evaluating Behavioral-based Data i.e. Applicant’s Behavioral Information
- Review of Selection System
- Closure & Summary
This program will be delivered via conceptual briefing using written and visual aids. Skills practices, skill-building exercises and small-large group discussions will be used to expand and sharpen participant interviewing skills. The workshop leader will facilitate group discussions and feedback on the application of techniques, actual job situations and related exercises.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a Must Attend for professional staff and managers, who are required to interview applicants for both internal placement and recruitment from an external pool of applicants for their units, would find this program helpful to their project roles and responsibilities.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Organizational & Executive Coach : Mr Jack Chua
Mr Jack Chua is a Talent Management Consultant and Executive Coach and has been a leadership coach, trainer and facilitator to senior directors, general managers, vice-presidents, deputy country divisional heads, and senior executives seeking to enhance their leadership, team effectiveness, and influence strategies to deliver organization results. In his work with clients, Jack has coached leaders working in different business, political and legal environment and in various regional and global roles.
The work has covered diagnostic work, identification of areas of focus in change initiatives, and talent and leadership transitions of business units, divisions and management teams. Jack is highly experienced in numerous profiling and career planning tool including MBTI ® Step I and II, CPI 260, Conflict Dynamic Profiling, Voices 360-degree feedback, 360 by Design, Benchmarks, Workplace Big 5 Profiling, competency-based interviewing, performance management, HR audit, and HR planning process.
BSc in Management,, University of London
Master in Business Administration, Brunel-Henley University
Board Certified Coach (BCC) Credential, Center for Credentialing & Education, Inc, USA (Centre for Creative Leadership)
Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA)