Become a Remarkable Leader
– Discover The Keys To Unlock Your Potential To Lead
Stepping up & into that first leadership position is one of the critical stages on a Leader’s development path. It’s a significant personal challenge as the pressure is on from day one; results are required, and task delivery dominates.
We quickly realise that success stems from alignment; ensuring that team actions work toward organisational goals. However, team members don’t always see life in the same way, do they? Sometimes we might experience resistance, and when this happens, our potential to lead is seriously impaired, isn’t it?
Thus, our ability to “Influence” Others is one aspect that elevates us as Remarkable Leaders above our peers. Rather than deploy an authoritarian approach, influence helps us gently nudge people in the right direction, in the right ways.
Though that influence is experienced by “Others”, it begins from within our “Self”. To develop it, we first need to understand what tools we possess; we need to build greater self-awareness of our personal qualities. Next, it requires us to become more assertive, so that we feel comfortable when sharing our ideas across the team.
Beyond that, influence strengthens with a little charisma, as charm helps us engage our personality in more persuasive ways. And delivery with a little style, adds that final sheen & polish to our leadership capabilities; we need to develop ability to understand situations, and, select appropriate styles.
This Workshop therefore takes an emotionally intelligent approach to personal leadership. Our focus builds self-awareness across the personal qualities & behaviours that are relevant to us as Remarkable Leaders. It further develops those interpersonal qualities we require to enhance our assertive powers, boost our charisma, and operate with style.
You’ll explore some of your personal inner leadership qualities, and work on expressing yourself to Others in more positive and persuasive ways. You’ll also consider how other Leaders & Followers might perceive your action style.
Emotional intelligence or EQ sits well at the heart of this soft skills Workshop, as the more you are able to move the energy and focus to leading your Self, the more Remarkable you will become when leading Others.
- Exploring the core foundations of Leadership
- Discovering your inner most positive personal qualities
- Examining styles to foster deeper, productive participation
- Adding in a little charisma to strengthen your personal presence
- Asserting your voice more constructively, and with greater strength
- Providing coaching feedback to reinforce behaviours & stay on-track
- Investigating the significance of “Communication Style” in Leadership
- Recognising the need to acknowledge, then develop, “Followership”
FACILITATION APPROACH FOR LEARNING
This is an experiential Workshop, which emphasises engagement, interaction, and practice. Participants should expect short presentations that introduce content, experiential activities for skills practice, and group discussions for reflection that deepens their learning.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP
Therefore, if you are a Supervisor, Manager, Project or Team Leader with some team management experience, and who wants to step out with presence & flair, then, this Workshop has been designed for you. It will enhance your leadership abilities to give you a little more confidence, charisma, and style when leading your Followers in Remarkable ways.
- I found out how to deal with team members more effectively
- An insightful and applicable leadership skills Workshop that addresses real life scenarios
- The most relevant part was the self-awareness, and discrepancy between how we view ourselves & how others view us
- This Workshop was an eye opener for me, especially on coaching and assertive techniques. This will help me deal with subordinates at my workplace, to enhance their work performance & progress
- I particularly appreciated the topics on self-management, as it is apparent that I may not know myself well.
- It is important to understand how others view me in different situations
- The most relevant to me was the leadership styles, for example how different styles are used
- I found the work we did on communication styles and assertiveness to be very relevant
- I liked the examples that Patrick gave, and how he engaged us to think on our feet
- It was better than other generic managerial courses
- A great Workshop and PowerPoint slides!
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Mr. Patrick O’Brien, CMgr
With a constant appetite for change, Patrick came to realise one very important thing; it’s the People that matter in With a constant appetite for change, Patrick came to realise one very important thing; it’s the People that matter in business, their personal development & growth counts.
His approach to learning is reflected in his facilitation during delivery; it focuses on building & strengthening an individual’s “soft skills”. This leads to Training that’s designed to scaffold on top of three firm foundations.
First, learning needs to be fun for it to stick; enjoyment & engagement are precursors to absorption & adoption. Next, it has to be sufficiently real to be relevant; it needs collaboration, openness, creativity, and, a little intensity. Finally, it must match Participant expectations to be valuable; it has to substantially deliver what it states “on the tin”.
Patrick therefore designs Workshop experiences that masterfully combine Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) with a deep Coaching mentality. Both are invitingly interlaced using Improvisational techniques. His diverse background and experience also allow him to facilitate inclusive and valuable learning moments. These are highly engaging, deeply empowering, and, thoroughly enjoyable.
His life’s journey has straddled different countries, continents & cultures, from Ireland and England, to New Zealand and Singapore. He’s worked his way through a variety of roles & levels in the corporate world, from Individual Contributor up to Managing Director. And, he has built considerable business experience whilst working across sectors such as government, technology, manufacturing, finance, consulting, aviation, telecommunications, and the Internet.
His formal education is well rounded: at Honours-level in IT, Masters-level in Marketing, and, an MBA in Finance. He is also a “Master Practitioner” of NLP, and an enthusiastic author with Articles appearing in the local media. In whatever form you experience his work, you’ll always feel his curiously cheerful sense of enjoyment; it just shines through.
Patrick is an active member of many international Professional bodies, such as the Chartered Management Institute, the Chartered Institute of Marketing, and the Institute of Directors. He is proud to be one of only a small handful of “Chartered Managers” in Asia.
With a warm Irish wit, a love of the “craic” and a big beaming smile, audiences in over twenty-five countries have found his disarmingly, unpretentious, and conversational approach to learning, to be a refreshing & rewarding experience.