Sales Negotiation to Win
- learn how to be an effective Negotiator and minimise the need of having to give too many concessions all the time!!
Selling and negotiating can seem similar but are in fact different. When you are negotiating, you have to be in a position to vary terms in order to get a sale.
In negotiating, you are giving something away to get the sale. In selling you are using persuasion skills to make the sale. Part of selling is developing the desire to buy. In negotiations the desire exists but the terms must be adhered to make the sale. This module deals with negotiating a sale that has been agreed to by both seller and buyer.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the difference between Negotiating and Selling.
- Understand why we should avoid or delay negotiations.
- Understand the aim of negotiating.
- Understand the qualities of the best negotiators.
- Beware of price negotiating dangers.
- Apply the questioning and listening techniques to fully understand the needs of the customer.
- Negotiating vs Selling.
- The rules to Sales Negotiation.
- The requirements for negotiating.
- The aim of negotiating.
- The qualities of the best negotiators.
- Giving and taking concessions.
- Price negotiation dangers.
- Negotiate the entire package.
- The best negotiating strategy.
- The key to successful negotiations.
- Effective listening skills – the difference between hearing and listening.
- Effective questioning skills to probe for needs.
A highly interactive adult-focused program with plenty of real-life scenario discussions, sharing, role-plays, games, quizzes and questions/constructive feedback sessions.
- A must for all newly-appointed sales people who wish to succeed in a highly competitive Business to Business sales environment.
- Existing sales people who wish to upgrade themselves to improve their sales performance for the company.
- Sales people who wish to transform themselves from ordinary performers to Extraordinary Business to Business sales professionals.
“An excellent and concise training. Enough real examples to make it relevant. Very dynamic teaching style that kept the training interesting and the participants focused.”
– Sales and Application Specialist – Leica Microsystems Singapore
“Very interactive, very good communicator thus very effective in teaching. One of the best training seminars and trainer I had in my whole experience in this sales industry.”
– Product Manager – MRL Cybertec Philippines
“A very well conducted training. Lively and engaging. Team participation and engagement methods were very effective.”
– Managing Director – Leica Instruments Singapore
“I liked Andrew’s training style. He makes things very interesting to the audience. With a lot of questions asked by him and role plays, we become involved a lot in the classroom activities. Good experience for me. I enjoyed it very much.”
– Country Manager – Hach Company Vietnam
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Andrew Soong has trained employees ranging from all levels of the organization, such as Vice Presidents, Directors, Heads of Departments, Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Executives and Support staff in programs such as Value Added Selling, Problem Solving, Business to Business Selling, Sales Negotiation, Presentation Skills and many others. As a trainer, he is a very dynamic, vibrant, entertaining and engaging speaker. With more than 30 years of business to business sales experience, he brings with him a wealth of experience in the field of selling and negotiating skills.
Andrew held various sales and senior management positions beginning his sales career as a Sales Executive with a UK based manufacturing company to a Managing Director and Regional Sales Director with a few US Multinational companies in the Petroleum, Marking and Coding and Medical industries.
His ability to link concepts, examples & experiences to actual workplace situations and ROI Measurements, has helped his participants feel inspired to put into practice the skills learnt. His systematic thinking, clarity in communication and delivery of training has resulted in favorable feedback and positive comments from his participants.
He has trained international participants from countries such as Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, China, Korea, India and Australia – from Management teams in the Top Multinational Companies such as Fluke Corporation, Tektronix Southeast Asia, Hach Company, Leica Microsystems (SEA), AB Sciex, Gilbarco Veeder-Root Asia, among many others. His specialties include: Value Added Selling, Monetization of Benefits, Effective Sales Preparation, Effective Presentation Skills, Consultative Selling & Sales Negotiation.
Andrew believes in the principle of giving only the best of oneself. In his training, he ensures that the best training is being delivered in a very distinct and creative way. Thus, he trains people to become the leader of leaders with the techniques and methods that will help them grow and improve in every way. Andrew always aims to share the best knowledge he possesses with everyone without fail in order to radically mould people that will bring success and high productivity in the industry.
Among the many companies he has provided training for, some of them are:
Fluke Corporation – Singapore, Korea & Vietnam
Tektronix Southeast Asia – Singapore & Korea
Hach Company – Singapore, Vietnam & Taiwan
Leica Microsystems (SEA) – Singapore
Leica Biosystems (SEA) – Singapore
Kavo Dental Asia Pacific – Singapore
AB Sciex – Singapore
Gilbarco Veeder-Root Asia – Singapore, China, India and Thailand
Keithley – Korea
Raytec – Singapore & India
Portescap – Singapore & Korea
ELE International – Singapore
Thomson Linear – Singapore, Korea & India
Kollmorgen – India
Andrew has been conducting training for more than 10 years. A mechanical engineer by training, he has more than 30 years of sales experience. He has a Diploma in Marketing (Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK) and a Diploma in Sales & Marketing (Marketing Institute of Singapore). He is a certified Black Belt trainer in Value Added Selling, a certified Brian Tracy trainer and is also a certified NLP practitioner.