Nobody Told Me! ™ – How to be Proactive, Productive and Resourceful
- Nurture your heart, body, mind and soul and become highly productive and resourceful
“Everyone must be proactive and do all they can to help themselves to stay employed.”
Management must be effective for the success of any business. Whether you are a supervisor, manager, CEO or an esteemed employee you need to develop certain task and people oriented skills that allows you to function effectively and strategically to build meaningful relationship with the people you are working with. At some point in your career you will come to realize that nobody will tell you what to do and you have to grab the bull by the horn and do what you thing is necessary. Octavia Spencer said: “The way to bring about change is to be proactive and active.” If you intend to stay relevant and be a beneficial part of your organization you will have to have within you the skillsets that will make you proactive, productive and resourceful. These are the time immemorial skillsets that will determine your presence and relevance in your organization. Nobody will tell you how you can achieve this and if you are not mindful this will eventually guarantee your corporate demise.
To be proactive will require you to have a result-oriented approach to doing what you do every day. In this high impact workshop you will learn the nine strategies embedded by the acronym P.R.O.A.C.T.I.V.E © to nurture your heart, body, mind and soul and become highly productive and resourceful. This workshop will show you how you can activate your intrinsic motivation weather tough times, achieve every goal that you set and become solution focused instead of being problem-centric. By the end of the workshop you will understand and know what to do to be a dynamic individual in your organization and a great asset that your bosses won’t want to let you go.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Understand what is to be proactive and not being reactive.
- Understand why nobody will tell you what to do.
- Understand well what you want from your boss and what your boss wants from you.
- Connecting and communicating emotionally with everyone in your organization.
- Bridging the Performance Gap with effective problem solving skills.
- Learn to make decisions effectively and confidently.
- Apply the P.R.O.A.C.T.I.V.E © strategies to become proactive, productive and resourceful.
- Resolve conflict and work towards a win-win paradigm.
- Five step process to be the greatest asset to your organization.
- Understand what it takes to develop positive affirmation.
- Understand the difference between extrinsic and intrinsic motivation.
- Unleash the power of intrinsic motivation.
- How to set achievable goals.
- Taming your conscious mind and accentuating your unconscious mind.
- How to be more resourceful and being an asset to your organization.
- Introduction to the P.R.O.A.C.T.I.V.E © concept.
- Becoming solution focused instead of being problem-centric.
- How to emotionally connect with your boss, colleagues and subordinates.
- What you got to do to boost your LQ [Leadership Quotient].
- Resolve conflict swiftly and objectively.
- Becoming Action-rich and not NATO [No action/Talk Only].
- How to be consistent in what you are doing with forward thinking.
- Understand and apply P.R.O.A.C.T.I.V.E ©
This is an action-oriented workshop group discussions, self-reflection and application tools to become more resourceful.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
New Job Applicants, Supervisors, Managers and General Staff who seeks to make a difference in their contribution to their organisation.
“Daniel has presented well and kept a diverse group focused on task and time. I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop and feel that I am leaving with many insights and applications.”
– Manager, Jurong Town Council
“Daniel was a committed, passionate instructor, Our skills will improve thanks to your strategies.”
– Senior Executive, HP Services
“Extremely eye-opening and proactive! Thank you Daniel!”
– Senior Manager, Alexandra Hospital
“I feel highly motivated after attended Daniel’s class. I feel that the P.R.O.A.C.T.I.V.E © concept is very effective and I am energize to contribute more to the organisation after attending the course.”
– Manager, Woh Hup
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Daniel Theyagu has been a corporate trainer and performance evaluator since 1989 and has conducted training for more than 500 organizations with his participants coming from more than 100 countries.
In his line of work, Daniel has specifically designed and delivery training programs for large MNCs, statutory boards, civil service and various non-profit organizations. His clients include – SPF, HDB, LTA, MOM, MHA, MINDEF, AVA, CPF, SAF, RSAF, RSN, DSTA, DSO, Singapore Supreme Court, The Law Society, SGH, Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Gleneagle Hospital and many more. At an international level, Daniel has trained people from more than 30 countries including – Mauritius, Malaysia, Indonesia, Maldives, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Russia, Estonia, Sweden, Finland, Holland, Norway, UK, USA, France, Germany, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Kenya, Gabon, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Mongolia and Thailand.
Daniel designed and delivered customize training program in areas of leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, emotional intelligence, creative thinking, critical thinking, systems thinking, speed reading and memory enhancement. As a keynote speaker in conferences and seminars, Daniel is well known for his light-hearted and humorous approach to training by using metaphors and parables and engaging his participants actively throughout his training program.
Daniel Theyagu is the author of five books which includes ‘Making Memory Work for You’, Guide to Success in Studies without Tears or Fears’, ‘Developing True Leadership Potential’ etc and has written more than 300 articles that have been published in Straits Times and other magazines and journals. Daniel also regularly conduct radio talk shows with 938 Live [Singapore] and his workshops are featured regularly in the newspapers that attracts wide variety of participants.
As a keynote speaker in conferences and seminars, Daniel is well known for his light-hearted and humorous approach to training by using metaphors and parables and engaging his participants actively throughout his training program. He is also the adjunct lecturer with Singapore Institute of Technology and Nanyang Technological University. He is also the course chair for Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility for SIM University.