Motivational Conversation Workshop
To have a motivational conversation you do not have to be a motivational speaker nor do you have to display the hyper energy of a ‘go getter’. The motivational conversation is meant to help the individual you are talking to inspire themselves towards achievement.
The motivational conversation is a calm, caring and focused approach that can be used to counsel, coach, support and / or empower others.
This program will teach you the fundamentals of having a motivational conversation which you can apply in your work, with your family and in social settings. The ability to have a motivational conversation with someone who is facing a challenge gives an added dimension to your relationship and leadership abilities. It will help the other feel supported without feeling intruded upon. It is an interpersonal skill that will never become redundant.
You can also apply the motivational conversation to yourself to help yourself think positively through any challenge you might be facing.
- Understand the nature and intent of the motivational conversation
- Understand the principles involved in a motivational conversation
- Understand the 5 elements of motivation
- Constructive languaging in giving feedback
- Understand the Motivational Conversation process and how the principles and elements of motivation are incorporated into the process
- Learn and apply fundamental communications skills in the Motivational Conversation
As a result of practicing the skills in this workshop, you will gain the added benefit of :
- Being seen as someone who is able to inspire others.
- Being seen as someone who can be turned to for effective support.
- Improving significantly the opportunities for success for others and for yourself.
- Improving your leadership potential at work.
- Improving your relationships at work, home and in social settings.
- How thinking, language and emotions create reality
- How the motivational conversation can be used to counsel, coach, persuade, or just have a satisfying conversation
- The 4 Principles of motivation and their objectives
- The 5 Principles involved in the motivational conversation
- How the 5 Principles of the Motivational Conversation addresses the 4 Principles of Motivation
- The fundamental skills of Building Rapport, Empathetic Listening and Responding, and Questioning
- What to listen for and what questions to ask
- Self application exercise to deal with personal challenge
- Role plays in applying the motivational conversation to others
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is meant for those who want to develop their ability to counsel, coach, lead, improve their interpersonal skills, and to add to their own personal success factors.
“Very through and comprehensive.”
“Good participation between the trainer and participants.”
– Nanyang University of Technology
“The practical sessions are very useful in helping me understand and apply the new skills and ideas.”
– Ministry of Port of Authority
“Rodney is very knowledgeable and effective in delivering the training.”
– National Institute of Education
“The course is well conducted.”
– Institute of Education
“This course would be useful for my staff.”
– DSM Elastromers Asia
“Thank you for an interesting workshop!”
– Institute of Education
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Rodney Woulfe is a Performance Coach and Counsellor who brings over ten years of experience in the designing and facilitation of programs in Personal development.
Rodney conducts workshops on Leadership Development, Counseling and Coaching skills in the areas of Performance Enhancement, Preventing Job Burn Out, Dealing with Traumatic events. For all levels of staff Rodney conducts workshops on Developing Emotional Intelligence, Self Motivation, Stress Management and Life Balance.
Besides conducting workshops, Rodney provides personal one – to – one counseling for employees on performance enhancement, depression and burnout, post – traumatic stress disorder and relationship issues. He also provides Personal Coaching to Managers and Leaders to help them identify more effective strategies for counseling, coaching and leading their staff.
Some of Rodney’s clients have included Nokia ( Asia Pacific ) , National University of Singapore, Singapore Immigration, Singapore Prisons, Singapore Police Force, Singapore Civil Defense Force, GIC Real Estate, Cargill, Great Eastern Life Assurance, CISCO Systems , BRAC Bank ( Bangladesh ), The GreenAsia Group, Jones Lang, Roper ( South East Asia), Goodrich Aeroframes, Mendaki, Imaginings, Asian Women’s Welfare Association Centre for Caregivers, Social Service Training Institute,
Rodney has an MBA ( in Training and Development ), and a Masters degree in Counselling. He is certified in the practice of Reality Therapy, Emotional Intelligence Development, Behavioural Consulting and in the use of the DISC and Enneagram profiling systems. He is also an Advanced EFT practitioner in energy psychology.