The Mentor Leader™ – Secrets to building people and teams that win consistently
Become an influential and powerful Mentor!
Mentoring is to support and encourage people to manage their own learning in order that they may maximize their potential, develop their skills, improve their performance and become the person they want to be; it plays a key role in developing one’s career. The manager-employee relationship focuses on achieving the objectives of the department and the company. A mentor-mentee relationship focuses on developing the mentee professionally and personally. The roles of manager and mentor are fundamentally different. That’s why structured mentoring programs never pair mentors with their direct reports. True mentoring is more than just answering occasional questions or providing ad hoc help. It is about an ongoing relationship of learning, dialogue, and challenge. “Mentoring” is a process that always involves communication and is relationship based upon mutual trust and respect. This workshop aims to provide a pool of knowledge and understanding to anyone interested in the topic of mentoring. It will also equip participants with practical tools that will help to master the skills as mentor, or interest as mentee. Why do organizations implement formal mentoring programs?
Why do organizations implement formal mentoring programs?
Organizations recognize that workforce demographics have changed dramatically in recent years, as women and members of different minority groups have joined the workforce in greater numbers. In addition, technology has automated traditional employee functions and continues to affect on-the-job performance, altering the way people see themselves within the corporate structure. With these changes, organizations are finding it difficult to recruit and retain qualified personnel. On the plus side, organizations find today’s employees exhibit a more flexible approach to work. On the minus side, employees may feel less loyalty to the organizations for which they work. Organizations now look to mentoring to implement a strategic game plan that includes: Recruitment, Retention, Professional development and Development of a multicultural workforce.
Learn the Art of Mentoring to Develop People & Teams for High Performance!
- You will learn meta-communication skills and useful techniques for mentoring.
- You will understand that mentoring is not just providing help to someone, or a group.
- You will also learn what kind of different skills a mentor needs to acquire in order to be credible and successful.
- You will understand the benefits of a mentoring program.
- Be-aware of common mentoring myths.
- Understand the difference between buddy system, coaching-system & mentoring-system.
- Learn what is a mentor and what is a mentee
- Understand how a successful profile of a mentor and a mentee should be: the main characteristics.
- Realize how mentoring is profitable for the companies, the mentors and the mentee, based on results.
- Know when an organization is ready to start a formal mentoring program and choose a mentoring program supervisor.
- Learn about the different types of corporate mentoring models and techniques.
- Understand mentoring roles and responsibility for the mentor, the mentee and eventually the supervisor.
- Practice with a cases study brought in by students.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
This workshop is highly relevant to
- HR and human capital professionals
- Managers, office managers, supervisors and team leaders.
- Staff involved in employee development
- Academics, trainers, consultants, Career and Executive Coaches
- Management staff who understand that mentoring are an essential part of the Collaborative Management skill-set, and who wish to learn how they can achieve performance gains and results through mentoring
Impactful workshop! This course has creates self-awareness and provides insight into mentoring techniques. The trainer was clean, engaging, effective & entertaining.
– Lecturer, Nanyang Polytechnic
Good Connection and interesting lesson. This course has given me good opportunity to develop my HR skills as well as the skill of mentoring and being mentored.
– Manager, Seletar Country Club
Excellent course ! I believe a good mentor should not only have the knowledge in his/her professional field but also has the empathy and thoughtfulness towards mentee’s needs.
– Manager, Ministry of Education
ABOUT THE TRAINER
NLP Master Practitioner
Leonardo is an energetic Training Facilitator, Relationships Counsellor & Personal Coach whose sense of humour together with his relaxed and confident style can be of real inspiration to his clients and audiences.
In the corporate environment he is an expert in the area of ‘Communication-Relationships at Work’ & ‘Emotional Competence’. He brings to his clients his creativity and experience in the business world, blended with the wisdom and experience gained through his own life challenges and his several studies in the area of human development.
By combining his knowledge in Psychology, Counselling and NLP coaching techniques, together with his long term business experience in the corporate world, Leonardo has the capacity to help people, business executives and companies to create solutions to today’s challenges of retention, recruitment, work-life balance, stress, relationship conflict and burnout. Leonardo’s passion is to promote cultures where individuals thrive to be efficient and productive, while taking care of their health and wellbeing.
Leonardo has twenty years of professional experience as a senior executive in the corporate business. A native Italian, he has lived in Singapore since 1995, and traveled extensively for business in Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Europe. Through his international exposure, he has developed a deep understanding of several cultures, becoming a real expert in multiculturalism.
Leonardo has trained people from:
NUS – National University of Singapore;
RC Hotels Pte Ltd;
SMU – Singapore Management University;
EMA (Energy-Market-Authority) Singapore;
Quintiles East Asia Pte Ltd;
Sanofi-Aventis Singapore Pte Ltd;
Singapore Prison Service;
Seagate Technology International;
Apple Computer Singapore;
Bovis Lend Lease Asia;
National Heritage Board;
McGraw-Hill Education (Asia);
Singapore Technologies Kinetics Ltd;
DSO National Laboratories;
Keppel FELS Ltd;
Visentic Solutions Pte Ltd;
Cosmos Chemical (S) Co Pte Ltd – Singapore;
JTC Corporation Singapore;
Mitsui & Co. (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd;
DHL In-House Consulting;
Rider Levett Bucknall – Singapore;
Siemens Medical Instruments;
Philip Morris Singapore Pte Ltd;
SIM – Singapore Institute of Management; Singapore Customs;
Total Oil Asia Pacific Pte Ltd;
Zuellig Pharma Singapore;
Lantiq Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.;
SingTel – Singapore