Leadership Conversations™: Challenging High Potential Managers to Become Great Leaders
Learn Conversation techniques and tools that can help strong managers become great leaders
Feedback from CEOs of most successful companies suggest that having subordinates such as general managers, supervisors, junior managers, emerging managers, general staff, contribute with ideas, personal creativity, personal opinions and handling conversations with confidence, is one of the most crucial tasks they face: ‘majority of these people simply don’t know how to communicate effectively!’ This incapacity or inability to verbally and emotionally contribute to the wellbeing of the company can decelerate its own progress and success, or risk missing opportunities for the company in the long run. The primary intent of this workshop is to help participants to appreciate the knowledge of powerful and impactful communication, develop most essential soft-skills and have some tools in order to build strong foundations in the process of becoming confident and competent managers. The skill of confidently communicating with others is an essential asset in any aspect of your life; it can help to form strong teams, sell products and ideas, convince people and institutions to assist you, motivate people to trust and follow you, develop healthy relationships, and contribute to the company’s innovative process.
- You will understand how the word choice can easily influence the attitude and behaviour of people listening to you.
- You will learn how to share opinions in a confident way, and how to keep the conversation moving with confidence.
- You will experience how listening well can have a great impact in your relationships.
- You will learn what your responsibility is when you have to build-up meaningful relationship by applying the art of powerful-effective communication.
- You will also learn how to share your opinions with confidence, and eventually how to disagree in a constructive way and build consensus.
- Understand why listening is probably the most important skill to master for effective communication and what to do in order to become a more effective listener.
- Learn how to improve verbal communication skills by asking effective questions and the ability to converse with power.
- Learn how to share your opinion with confidence and assertiveness without offending or been perceived hostile.
- Understand how to overcome the process of blaming with the power of self-responsibility & accountability.
- Learn how to remove communication barriers: The Communication Process.
- Understanding how becoming emotional competent can help impact people.
- Understanding how acknowledging both viewpoints, building bridges and “giving in without giving up” can improve your skills in influencing other people.
- Apprehend the 3 steps involved in constructive-problematic-conversation-resolution.
- Acquiring co-operative & mutual understanding communication.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Managers at any level
- Sales, marketing and service personnel
- Employees at any level
- Team Leaders
- Projects co-ordinators
- Anyone who wish to learn about this specific topic
Participants will experience the theory and the practice of what they will learn with the use of:
- Group Discussions & Sharing
- Personalised Coaching
- Role Play
- Training Manuals
- Video clips
“Good Motivator and sharing of personal experiences.”
– Manager, EM Services Pte Ltd
“Leonardo is a very good speaker. He gave a lot of real life practical examples that is applicable to our daily work life.”
– Officer, Singapore Prison Services
“The pace and supporting examples were just right, reinforcing the key concepts in the 2 day course.”
– Supervisor, Rolls Royce
“I enjoyed the self-discovery journey, it allowed me to pause and reflect upon my current state, challenges I face and that I will have to make a choice and decide how I want the future to be. I am really glad to have attended the course.”
– Assistant Manager, BBDO Singapore Pte Ltd
“Good Course! Thank you.”
– Manager, Nanyang Polytechnic
“Very Insightful, let me know more about myself and how I can improve my leadership skills. I would definitely benefit from this course, applying what I had learnt.”
– Lecturer, Republic Polytechnic
“Very Insightful, Leonardo is able to engage the audience and help them analyse the barriers on communication. It goes deep enough to allow the participants to search their own thinking and make good changes to unhealthy habits. The practical presentations and demonstration are very helpful in learning the new concepts.”
– Team Leader, Ministry of Health
ABOUT THE TRAINER
NLP Master Practitioner
Leonardo is an energetic Training Facilitator, Relationships Counsellor & Personal Coach whose sense of humour together with his relaxed and confident style can be of real inspiration to his clients and audiences.
In the corporate environment he is an expert in the area of ‘Communication-Relationships at Work’ & ‘Emotional Competence’. He brings to his clients his creativity and experience in the business world, blended with the wisdom and experience gained through his own life challenges and his several studies in the area of human development.
By combining his knowledge in Psychology, Counselling and NLP coaching techniques, together with his long term business experience in the corporate world, Leonardo has the capacity to help people, business executives and companies to create solutions to today’s challenges of retention, recruitment, work-life balance, stress, relationship conflict and burnout. Leonardo’s passion is to promote cultures where individuals thrive to be efficient and productive, while taking care of their health and wellbeing.
Leonardo has twenty years of professional experience as a senior executive in the corporate business. A native Italian, he has lived in Singapore since 1995, and traveled extensively for business in Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Europe. Through his international exposure, he has developed a deep understanding of several cultures, becoming a real expert in multiculturalism.
Leonardo has trained people from:
NUS – National University of Singapore;
RC Hotels Pte Ltd;
SMU – Singapore Management University;
EMA (Energy-Market-Authority) Singapore;
Quintiles East Asia Pte Ltd;
Sanofi-Aventis Singapore Pte Ltd;
Singapore Prison Service;
Seagate Technology International;
Apple Computer Singapore;
Bovis Lend Lease Asia;
National Heritage Board;
McGraw-Hill Education (Asia);
Singapore Technologies Kinetics Ltd;
DSO National Laboratories;
Keppel FELS Ltd;
Visentic Solutions Pte Ltd;
Cosmos Chemical (S) Co Pte Ltd – Singapore;
JTC Corporation Singapore;
Mitsui & Co. (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd;
DHL In-House Consulting;
Rider Levett Bucknall – Singapore;
Siemens Medical Instruments;
Philip Morris Singapore Pte Ltd;
SIM – Singapore Institute of Management; Singapore Customs;
Total Oil Asia Pacific Pte Ltd;
Zuellig Pharma Singapore;
Lantiq Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.;
SingTel – Singapore