Fire the Team Up!
- Building High Performance Teams
Imagine what your team can be when you are able to fire them up and turn them on!
One of the hopes of managers, supervisors and team leaders is to lead a high performance team. This is a team that has clear directions, good leadership, highly engaged team members, high job ownership and very importantly, the team relates well and also know when and how to have fun.
You too can have such a team on fire! The good news is that high performance teams are built based on strong and proven principles and processes. This means if you are open, keen to learn and willing to try, you too will be able to develop your team to be high performance and deliver the results you want.
Like the saying ‘Don’t fire them. Fire them up!’, this 1-day workshop will show you how you can focus on 5 powerful pillars to fire up your team to be more than what they are now. Learn the proven ways from a master practitioner to help your team succeed. When your team succeed, you too will succeed.
Acquire the techniques to fire up your team to work together for stronger performance, trust and relationships.
At the end of the 1-day program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the power of vision and the 7 elements of a highly engaged team
- Learn how to change team behaviours using expectations and goal-setting techniques
- Learn the 5 people principles to fire up the team members at every moment and build team trust
- Learn how to find solutions using 3 simple steps
- Know how to open up and engage the quiet members in the team
- Know the factors that motivate people
- Learn how to hire the right people for your team
Learn the 5 powers in one day that will enable you to lead any team, any place and at any time.
THE POWER OF A TEAM VISION
- Why a team vision is important
- The 7 elements of a highly engaged team
- How to find out how highly engaged your team is
THE POWER OF EXPECTATIONS
- The 4 stages of team development
- How clear expectations drive team behaviours
- How to change team behaviours using norms
- Setting S.M.A.R.T. goals
THE POWER OF 5 PEOPLE PRINCIPLES
- Using L.E.A.S.T. to fire up the team every moment and build team trust
- Using 3 COA steps to find solutions
- How to open up and engage quiet team members
THE POWER OF MOTIVATION
- The 5 factors that fire people up
- Actions you can take to motivate your team
THE POWER OF HIRING THE RIGHT PERSON
- The importance to have the right persons in the team
- How to hire the right people using reality-based interview questioning techniques
- What are your takeaways?
- Determine the skills to practice
This workshop will have a good mix of knowledge sharing, skills practice, case discussions, role plays and interactive activities. The active learning methodology will ensure participants can apply what they learn back at their workplaces.
- Managers, supervisors or team leaders who want to fire up their team to perform, to build trust and to develop good team relationships.
- Leaders who are keen to learn from a master practitioner the proven skills to build a high performance team in any organisations in Singapore and rest of Asia.
An engaging, lively and humorous facilitator who is able to draw out the participants and connect them with the learning points, leaving them feeling equipped and recharged.
– Director, Regional Head of Human Resources
His willingness and desire to use real life examples brought out from the participants to illustrate and to reinforce his teaching aid. Inspiring. Excellent in generating interest and engaging participants.
– Manager, Internal Audit
I thoroughly enjoy the warming up, the interactions and role plays. Swee Heng has created a friendly and easy platform for us, thus enabling and drawing us to actively participate… Great work and keep it up!
– Sales manager, Singapore
His passion and competence in developing others is evident… His analysis and generous sharing of practical tips to support my self-development has been very insightful and useful to me.
– Department head, Singapore
I was really impressed by the sincerity and passion you had for sharing your knowledge. You are one of those rare trainers who teach from the heart.
– Director, Risk management, Singapore
I have already seen many positives that my team leader has taken from the course and it has certainly strengthened her confidence in the role she is performing.
– Regional Head, Finance
Swee Heng is a dynamic presenter and facilitator with a natural ability to engage his audience, spur their thinking and sustain positive energy throughout his session. He used concrete, relevant examples his audience could relate and presented them in a succinct and interactive fashion. It was great to witness how comfortable the audience was in opening up and sharing their ideas.
– Consulting executive, Singapore
The variety of learning tools used made the workshop a truly stimulating experience. A lot of thinking was triggered…
– Business executive, Hong Kong
Swee Heng is like a treasure box which contained a lot of useful tools and experience about management. When I need anything, he will share with me, I benefited from his coaching
– Manager, China
Swee Heng has inspired many of my directors and managers to sharpen their axe and become great. He is widely respected as a first-rate trainer, coach and role-model.
– CEO, Exhibition & conference services, Thailand and China
ABOUT THE TRAINER
As one participant put it, Mr. Tan Swee Heng is a dynamic presenter & facilitator with the ability to engage his audience, spur thinking and sustain positive energy throughout his session. He uses concrete, relevant examples and presents in a clear and fun manner.
Swee Heng specialises in leadership, mindset and culture improvement. He is a solution-focused Professional Certified Coach with the International Coaching Federation (ICF). His book “Coaching In The Moment – How busy leaders can make more impact with less time” is available in major bookstores from August 2017.
As an experienced and well-grounded executive coach, mentor and facilitator in the region, Swee Heng brings results & change in 3 areas:
1) Coaching leaders and teams to acquire effective mindsets & become Integral Leaders
2) Engaging leaders and teams to be effective in managing performance and relationships
3) Nurturing leaders to develop a positive team and organisational culture of solutions and achievements
He works with both commercial and public organisations supporting CEOs, Managing Directors, Department Leaders and Talents to embark on critical journeys to develop greater strengths. Many leaders benefited from Swee Heng’s 38 years of practical organisational experiences at both the Regional Management Board and ground levels, bringing with him essential breadth, depth and wealth of experience and expertise to each discussion.
Swee Heng trains and coaches in Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, India, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia for clients that include the Monetary Authority of Singapore, Ernst & Young, Singtel, Changi Airport Group, Reed Exhibitions, Elsevier, Grohe-Lixil Group, DBS Bank, Jebsen & Jessen Group, Damen Shipyards, Biomin, Sto SEA, the Institute of Internal Auditors and Polytechnics, National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Eduction, National Arts Council and the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore. He was also previously a business school faculty member at the SP Jain School of Global Management.
Swee Heng was, from Year 2000 to 2010, the regional Human Resource Director for Reed Business in Asia Pacific, a division of Reed Elsevier plc. He led Deloitte Singapore’s HR from 1997-2000. Swee Heng had also held key strategic and operational positions in the Ministry of Defence (Air Force). He has been practice leader in coaching, training and facilitation since 2010.
Swee Heng is a Certified Coach and Facilitator in global systems such as:
- Member of International Coaching Federation (Accredited Professional Coach)
- Certified Solution-focused Coach (awarded by the University of Toronto)
- Certified Marshall Goldsmith’s Stakeholders’ Centered Executive Coach
- Accredited with Life Style Inventory (LSI) / Leadership Impact (LI)
- Certified Action Reﬂection Learning Coach
- Certified Enneagram Coach
- Accredited with Social Style Communication System
He holds the following academic qualifications:
- MBA In International Management from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
- Degree in Management from Murdoch University
- Diploma of Psychology from the Singapore Human Resource Institute