Fine Tune Your English Grammar (Advanced Level)
This advanced level workshop introduces in-depth grammar concepts and guidelines which will enhance your written and verbal communication.
Encompassing a range of technically tricky grammatical areas, concepts from this course can be readily applied to numerous business and work situations. Your knowledgeable and experienced trainer will guide you through a range of practical activities to fine-tune your existing grammar skills.
It is highly recommended that attendees for this Advanced Level workshop have a sound understanding of the basic rules of grammar and have already completed our Mind Your English Language and Grammar Brush Up.
- Test your grammar competence with our test.
- Finer points of subject-verb agreement.
- Ten more advanced rules and guidelines of grammar.
- Thirty more prepositions untangled.
- Proper use of pronouns – especially ‘who, whom’.
- Correct use of modals – ‘shall, should, will, would, can could, may, might’.
- Punctuation matters – semi-colons, dashes, capitalisation and commas.
- Avoiding dangling modifiers.
- Finer exceptions and oddities of English explained.
- Standard English, not ‘Singlish’.
- Thirty more commonly-confused words to avoid.
- Avoiding faulty syntax and sentence structure.
- Improving your diction and word-choice.
- Avoiding thirty more commonly-mispronounced words.
- Proof-reading practice
- Practical grammar improvement sessions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All levels of executive and non-executive personnel who have completed the ‘Mind Your English Language and Grammar Brush Up’ course and need to refine their competence in grammar and usage.
- Those who already have a good grasp of the fundamentals and would like to increase their knowledge of the finer points of grammar.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Sandra Sandu is an inspiring and passionate global trainer, consultant, speaker and author with 29 years track record training and consulting employees of Fortune 500 corporations in twenty countries across the Asia Pacific. Her training territory includes cities in Asia, Middle East and Australia.
Sandra graduated with a Masters degree in Education (Training and Development) distinction from the University of Sheffield University UK and a Diploma from Trinity College of Speech and Drama, UK. She is a Certified Trainer with the American Management Association (AMA) and a Licensed Trainer with Tony Buzan Centre UK in Thinking Skills, Brain Power, Creative Thinking, Innovation and Mind Mapping. Since 1993, she has been a Certified Management Consultant and is one of the rare recipients of the esteemed Fellow of the Institute of Management Consultants FCMC (USA) citation.
Sandra is a well-known speaker at international conferences and has been listed in International Who’s Who Directory since 1997. Sandra has also authored an acclaimed guidebook “Getting Ahead in Your Career” Her training workshops are always rated highly with the use of accelerated learning techniques to maximize learning and recall.
Over the last twenty years, Sandra has been featured on leading television, radio and websites and has trained, consulted and inspired no less than half a million employees of key global corporations including Rolls Royce, ST Engineering, ST Aerospace, ST Marine, Honeywell, Jurong Shipyard, Sembawang Shipyard, Protex, Fugro Offshore, Shell, Singapore Refining Company, Singapore Petroleum Company, Petronas, Petronas Carigali, Petronas Pernapisan, Pertamina, Lubrizol, Castrol, BP Asia, Mc Dermott SEA, Bredero Shaw, Halliburton, MEA Holdings, Ameron Technologies, Ministry of National Development, Building Control Authority, Subana Ascendas, JTC, Worley Parsons, CPG and many more, across twenty countries.