Dynamic Facilitation Skills
- Learn how to better deliver facilitated sessions such as meetings, focus group discussions and action planning strategies
This intensive course seeks to bring forth the dynamics of positive facilitation skills for facilitators when, coupled with proper training and practice, can both be inspiring to their group members as well as provide valuable feedback to themselves. Incorporating the various facilitation techniques, the participants will definitely find this customized, dynamic and interactive course a refreshing and fulfilling experience.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate the group dynamics concept as a facilitator
- Use the strategies for better interaction with groups
- Work more productively as a Group and bring out the strength of team
- Apply the Facilitation questions model to better enhance their facilitation effectiveness and applications
- Relate and communicate more effectively with their teams
- Develop their unique facilitating styles
- Display effective and appealing group discussion and facilitation leading skills
- The Importance of Effective Facilitation
- Roles, Responsibilities and Challenges of a Facilitator
- Principles of Facilitation
- Planning for Group Facilitation Skills and Members’ Participation
- Setting The Facilitation Process in Motion
- Using Facilitation Questioning Format for greater results
- The Art of Providing Feedback Tactfully
- Brainstorming Problems and Solution-Idea Generation through Facilitations
METHODOLOGIES AND STRATEGIES ADOPTED FOR THE COURSE
The course will:
- include realistic role-play sessions and other experiential activities to make learning more effective, practical and real
- include interactive tools to “probe the comfort zone” for deeper reflection and in-depth understanding
- employ powerful accelerated learning to heighten motivation, boost learning capability and awareness of skills acquired.
- utilize proven dynamic presentation techniques to make the session very interesting to increase knowledge and enhance learning enjoyment
- include group discussions, actual case examples, feedback from individuals and whole group as well as trainer’s customized guidance to maximize the participants’ learning abilities for real-life applications
Directors, Managers, facilitators, meeting Chairman, executives, professionals, leaders and any individuals who manage facilitation with various people and want to raise the quality of their meeting effectiveness
“Wekie is very knowledgeable. He can simplify the subjects to help us understand. He also provides many practical examples and is full of experiences.’
– Managing Director, Quality Training
“Wekie is able to keep the class interesting and is a good example of going for what one believes in and perseveres even in great adversity.
Thank you, Wekie. I enjoyed the course very much.”
– Vice Principal, Ministry of Education
“It is a wonderful course. I have learnt things which am not aware of myself and how to bring it back to work and in my own life. Wekie is marvelous and admire him for the enthusiasm given during the whole course and salute him for making me a better person in the long run. Thank you.”
– Executive Assistant, Central Provident Fund Board
“Wekie is a very good public speaker who can retain the attention of the audience at all times. Enjoyed your humor too. I’ve learned about topics in a very ‘different’ way. A lot of laughter and discussions. Learn about different ways of handling work issues too.
– Engineer, SSMC
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Award Winning Trainer & Best Selling Author: Mr Wekie Tay
Mr. Wekie Tay is an established regional Trainer, a sough-after Public Speaker, a published author as well as a Professional Excellence Consultant. He takes immense interest in the various aspects of human development and the dynamism of its interaction process. He also brings with him over 27 years of experience in conducting numerous talks, training sessions and workshops to more than 110,000 individuals and companies throughout Singapore, USA, Indonesia, Thailand, Brunei, Hong Kong, Macau, Vietnam and other regions.
Wekie’s various expertise and topics trained include a myriad of essential skills such as leadership empowerment, Neuro Linguistic Programming (N.L.P), persuasion, sales and marketing, negotiation, facilitation, presentation and public speaking skills, creative thinking, problem solving, education, communication, studying and learning skills, thinking and mind-brain power, enrichment management, group dynamics, human resource, enrichment, Dating, Attraction and Relationships (DARE), emotional management, stress management, work-life balance, motivation and life passion, confidence building, belief empowerment and more.
He is a Bilingual Neuro-Linguistic Programming Trainer, Master Practitioner and Design Human Engineer. Wekie is also a Graduate and Practitioner in Mind Mastery and an American Management Association Certified Trainer. He is a Distinguished Toastmaster, Public Speaking Contests winner, District Speechcraft Chairman, District Speakers Bureau Chairman, District Club Coach Chairman and has served as District Trainer, Division Advisor, Division Trainer, Area Advisor, Club President, Mentor and Division Governor in addition to receiving various awards including excellence in communication and leadership. Besides being fluent in Mandarin, Wekie is also The NUS Outstanding Young Alumni Award Winner.
Wekie is also the co-author of the international book, The DNA of Success Stories: How to Maximize Success in Your Life, together with Jack Zufelt, recipient of The Presidential Medal of Merit by United States President, Jack Canfield, co-creator of The Chicken Soup for the Soul series, Brian Tracy, best-selling author, The 21 Success Secrets of Self-Made Millionaires, and other international success authors. He is also featured as a contributing co-author of the international book, Heart of a Toastmaster, which won the International Book Award. Besides being a Certified Stress Management Consultant, Wekie further holds a Certificate in Counseling Psychology and works to improve the lives of many individuals needing critical help.
He currently works with various groups of companies and professionals to help boost their productivity, leadership, presentation, sales and negotiation. They have in turn brought in and produced millions of dollars in sales and investments. He is also presently mentoring and coaching trainers, leaders, organizations, groups and individuals to enhance their professional excellence, relationships and communication.
Dedicated to sharing ideas to Excel Beyond Excellence, Wekie also adds greater value to his participants and associates through his website: wekie.com In addition, Wekie is also featured and interviewed by the media such as The New Paper, LianHe ZaoBao, Sin Ming Daily News, The Straits Times, Radio 95.8FM and 97.2FM and is fluent in Mandarin.
In training, Wekie provides realistic cases to enhance participants’ learning and application of the different skills. He is actively conducting seminars and trainings for various institutions while working on producing curricula on leadership facilitation, sales and marketing, negotiation, strategic management, dating, attraction and relationships, communication and public speaking skills as well as other essentials for maximized living and professional excellence.