Certified Counter Terrorism Practioner
- CCTP award is a professional UK accredited Level 4 credential by the UK National Awarding Organisation, NCFE to Level 4 standard Qualification
- The CCTP certification program has been thoroughly devised to be in compliance with the International Standards Organization (ISO) 17024 standard for certifying the competence of personnel ISO/IEC 17024:2012, as the highest standard in personnel certification accreditation
CCTP is a CREDENTIAL which provides the demonstrable proof of knowledge and expertise in terrorism prevention, detection and deterrence. The credential will be awarded to the eligible candidates who have successfully passed the examination, which assess the knowledge of 14 main areas of the counter terrorism ﬁeld. The certification assesses ability and knowledge to apply counter terrorism and security planning best practice to real-life situations
All participants, successfully passed the CCTP programme, meeting rigorous professional standards of competence in protection, defence and security planning. The delegates are now able to inform prospective clients, industry professionals and other future employers of their counter terrorism certification.
As the global terrorism threat continues to increase, the Certified Counter Terrorism Practitioner (CCTP) certification keeps you up to date with the tools and tactics to counter and respond to evolving threats
- Terrorism recognition:
- Definitions of Terrorism
- Terrorism objectives
- Terrorism Trends
- Terrorist Profile – Who is the terrorist
- Terrorist Organizations
- Terrorist’s supply
- Technology Utilization
- Terrorist’s Targets
- Identification of the threat:
- Terrorist’s planning cycle
- Terrorist’s Modus Operandi
- Attack with sharp edge weapon
- Ramming attacks
- Kidnapping and hostage taking
- Assault and Raid attacks
- Cyber terrorism
- Threat, Hoax and deception
- Prevention of the threat to individuals and property:
- The security concept
- security planning
- security by design
- physical means
- security technologies
- intelligence and threat indicators
- human factor
- Personnel security
- Preparedness and response to terrorist act:
- Emergency Response Plan (including emergency procedures).
- Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Alert Level System
- Communication Plan
- Security Awareness Program.
- Training & Drills Program.
- Emergency response
During the upcoming CCTP preparatory course, participants will be exposed to CCTP’s exclusive variety of inert IED’s improvised explosive devices and threat objects, IED components and concealed IED’s. This experience will help participants to understand the threat and how the devices looks and feel like.
BENEFITS OF THE CERTIFICTION
- Acquired competencies and best practices in the field of counterterrorism.
- Involvement in a recognized professional group.
- Keeping the certified individuals up-to-date with the measures needed to response to the evolving global terrorism threats
- Recognition of professional competence by fellows and management in the same field
- Potential for career advancement and growth due to recognition as a Certified Counterterrorism Practitioner
- Improvement of the individual’s overall performance, elimination of uncertainties, and widening of market opportunities
- Aids in ensuring continual improvement and enhancement within the homeland security and counterterrorism fields
- Potential for a better income due to formally recognized as an experience Certified Counterterrorism Practitioner
WHO IS CCTP INTENDED FOR?
- Corporate security professionals for SMEs and MNCs
- Risk and security consultants who provide consulting services for critical assets, sporting events, government buildings, public infrastructure, etc.
- Public transportation security professionals for AVSEC- aviation security for airlines, airports, Maritime security and ground transportation
- Law enforcement officers from police units, customs, immigration, border control, counter terrorism units, intelligence units, patrolling units, etc.
- Military officers from intelligence units, Counter terrorism units, Military police, infantry brigades, etc.
- Private security companies who deals with asset protection, VIP protection etc.
- Minimum age of 25 years old
- The participant must submit 2 professional references who have personal knowledge of and can validate your security experience, character and good standing.
- At the end of the preparatory CCTP course, the participant will be required to take an examination which will test on their understanding and application of the course work. A minimum of 70% passing mark must be achieved to qualify for the Certified Counter Terrorism Practitioner.
The last three days has been one of the most enjoyable training experiences I’ve been part of in a 32 year security career, making new friends and meeting great people. The combination of intense study, evening events programmes and listening to security professionals share their experiences around the world has been memorable. Remain deservedly proud on your great achievement and enjoy applying your knowledge to help to make our world a safer place
– ALEX STREET UK HEAD OF SECURITY & BUSINESS CONTINUITY. EMCOR GROUP (UK)
Very proud to say that I passed and now I am a Certified Counter Terrorism Practitioner. For those that don’t know me this is well outside of my comfort zone, as I normally work on the electronic side of the security industry. I would also like to take this moment to say a massive thank you to Kris V d Berghe , CCTP from the CCTP board, Simon Whitehouse, CSyP CPP PSP FSyI from SGW, Samuel our fantastic tutor and my fellow students for their time and help, without them I wouldn’t have achieved this!
– THOMAS BROADBENT, ASPRO SECURITY SERVICES, UK
CCTP is definitely making a big wave in counter terrorism awareness and training.
– GERALDINE, SPF
With CCTP qualifications we now have the capacity to conduct risk assessments for corporate and government clients. The knowledge gained will also be shared with our security teams around the country, extending our understanding of various threat types, such as Active Shooter and Terrorism Threats, both of which have already been identified by several of our clients.
– ROD MOOLMAN, AUSTRALIA
Trainer knows the subject well. Was able to keep the trainees alert and keep their attention at all times by providing a lot of case studies and real-life experience.
– AETOS SECURITY MANAGEMENT, SINGAPORE
Interesting, lively, knowledgeable, excellent, beyond the competition.
– MANAGER AT AETOS TRAINING ACADEMY, PTE LTD
The core topics shared during the CCTP preparatory training course are relevant and interesting, the examples and videos provided drive the point across.
– OFFICER AT MINISTRY OF DEFENCE, SINGAPORE
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Special Agent (Ret.) Bashan, former head of Bomb Security department (ISA Israel), served in the IDF and the Secret Service for over 20 years. He was a member of the government VIP protection unit, and served as a team leader, responsible for three different Israeli Prime Ministers. He is an expert in bomb security and preventive sabotage and was for many years the department head in that field. As chief instructor, he has trained hundreds of Israeli security officers stationed in Israel and abroad. In this capacity, he formulated and implemented procedures and security systems that are still in use today at Tel Aviv’s Ben-Gurion International Airport.