Applied Creativity and Innovation with S.C.R.A.M.B.L.E. ©
- Nurture your heart, body, mind and soul and become highly productive and resourceful
“Everyone must be proactive and do all they can to help themselves to stay employed.”
Unleash Your Inner Creative Genius!
Businesses are now conducted at breakneck speed with new technologies and new innovation. The new mantra of today’s successful organization is to innovate or die an untimely death. Competition is abundant and for you to survive you need to learn come up with creative and innovative ideas to keep your organization from becoming redundant. Using the S.C.R.A.M.B.L.E technique you can teach yourself to direct your thought-processes to come with innovative and creative solutions that will work effectively and productively. As an employee you will need S.C.R.A.M.B.L.E to help you identify opportunities that will allow you to become an excellent innovator and being able to use creativity to find new ways of doing things and thus becoming an asset for your organization.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the nature of creativity and innovation
- Apply the universal process of innovation cycle
- Adapting the six stages of creative imagination – Initiation; Internalization; Intensification; Imagination; Innovation and Implementation
- Learn to make a paradigm shift in looking at issues and situations
- Idea generation and brainstorming
- Adopt an innovate or die culture
- How to become an innovative leader and a leader of innovation
Understand S.C.R.A.M.B.L.E application – Substitute; Combine; Rearrange; Adapt and Adopt, Modify, Blow it out of proportion, Liberate your Limitation, Elimination and Elaborate
- Be able to differentiate between invention, improvement and innovation
- The need to innovate or become redundant – a case study
- The innovation process and how to apply this to real life situation
- Preparing the mind to think innovatively with the six stage process of Initiation, Internalization, Intensification, innovation and implementation
- Overcoming Barriers to the creative and innovative thinking process
- Removing the Mental Block, self-imposed limitations and beating procrastination
- Identifying the tools to think creatively
- Introduction to the S.C.R.A.M.B.L.E methodology
- Application of S.C.R.A.M.B.L.E to turn creative ideas into reality
- Creation of an action plan to nurture innovative thinking regularly in organization
- Identifying returns of investment in thinking creatively
This is a high-impact result oriented workshop consisting of very short concept sharing followed by group discussion, individual reflection, and focusing attention to specific problem solving puzzles that the trainer will challenge you throughout the workshop. There will also be short video presentation to demonstrate creative thinking throughout the ages.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Daniel Theyagu has been a corporate trainer and performance evaluator since 1989 and has conducted training for more than 500 organizations with his participants coming from more than 100 countries.
In his line of work, Daniel has specifically designed and delivery training programs for large MNCs, statutory boards, civil service and various non-profit organizations. His clients include – SPF, HDB, LTA, MOM, MHA, MINDEF, AVA, CPF, SAF, RSAF, RSN, DSTA, DSO, Singapore Supreme Court, The Law Society, SGH, Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Gleneagle Hospital and many more. At an international level, Daniel has trained people from more than 30 countries including – Mauritius, Malaysia, Indonesia, Maldives, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Russia, Estonia, Sweden, Finland, Holland, Norway, UK, USA, France, Germany, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Kenya, Gabon, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Mongolia and Thailand.
Daniel designed and delivered customize training program in areas of leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, emotional intelligence, creative thinking, critical thinking, systems thinking, speed reading and memory enhancement. As a keynote speaker in conferences and seminars, Daniel is well known for his light-hearted and humorous approach to training by using metaphors and parables and engaging his participants actively throughout his training program.
Daniel Theyagu is the author of five books which includes ‘Making Memory Work for You’, Guide to Success in Studies without Tears or Fears’, ‘Developing True Leadership Potential’ etc and has written more than 300 articles that have been published in Straits Times and other magazines and journals. Daniel also regularly conduct radio talk shows with 938 Live [Singapore] and his workshops are featured regularly in the newspapers that attracts wide variety of participants.
As a keynote speaker in conferences and seminars, Daniel is well known for his light-hearted and humorous approach to training by using metaphors and parables and engaging his participants actively throughout his training program. He is also the adjunct lecturer with Singapore Institute of Technology and Nanyang Technological University. He is also the course chair for Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility for SIM University.